Chapter 47

"I think I should give you a proper proposal," Zayn blurted in the darkness of the hotel bedroom. "I mean I rushed everything and then sorta had to run onstage so you really didn't even have the time to even think about answering."

Harry turned over facing him, maneuvering around his belly and the body pillow he's become accustomed to sleeping with - despite Zayn's company. "I liked your proposal, it's was very... Us."

"But I had a speech prepared and everything," he added.

Harry laughed softly, reaching out and touching the side of Zayn's face. He could feel the band on Harry's finger, inwardly smiling to himself. "Let's hear this speech then, yeah."

Zayn leaned over and switched the bedside lamp on, sitting up in bed and grabbed his phone. Momentarily poking around the illuminated screen before he found what he was looking for, clearing his throat.

"Right, um - don't laugh or anything. This was my rough copy but I just want you to know first off that I love you more than anything and that I've always loved you, and will continue to love you as we get older." He started off slightly shakily, feeling more nervous in front of Harry than a stadium full of screaming fans.

Harry smiled up at him, "I love you too, Zayn."

Zayn glanced down at him, feeling a tad more confident than when he started. "I remember the first time I kissed you. You were sat beside me on the playground, we'd snuck out of our houses and went there to just talk. The moon was out and I remember thinking you were the most beautiful person I've ever seen. Only when I went for the kiss, you weren't expecting it and you ended up biting my lip."

"Oi, it was extremely dark." Harry defended with a laugh, "And the bugs were eating me alive."

He laughed as he continued reading, "But regardless to our first kiss being an awkward disaster, I knew from that point on that I wanted to be with you. Because you always made the best out of the bad, and you care more about others than yourself."

Harry smiled, placing a hand on his stomach as the baby began moving and kicking around his tummy to get comfortable.

"And now you're pregnant with my second child," Zayn briefly met his eyes with a smile. "I love you more than possible and I can't imagine my life without you or Luca, Harold Edward Styles... Will you do me the huge honor in marrying me?"

Harry immediately cooed, wiping away a few stray tears and did his best to get up and kiss him. "That was perfect, I loved it."

"I worked on it a couple weeks," he admitted quietly as he put his phone away and switched off the bedside lamp.

"Thank you, Zayn." Harry got comfortable again, partially laying on Zayn's chest but kept the body pillow tucked under his side, around his swollen belly and between his legs. "You've changed my life so much in the last year and I don't regret anything, Luca loves you too and so does this baby."

Zayn leaned down and gave him a kiss, unintentionally deepening their actions the moment his tongue entered Harry's mouth and he whimpered wanting more.

"Do you want to? Are you feeling okay?" Zayn breathed in between kisses, wanting to ensure they were both wanting the same things here.

Harry nodded, kissing him harder and more pointedly. "Mhm, yeah. Um - just let me run to the bathroom quick and I'll be ready."

Zayn knew what Harry was trying to avoid saying, smiling and pulled back from his kissing. "If you have to pee, you have to pee."

"Zayn," he groaned as his cheeks turned red in embarrassment. "I was trying not to spoil the mood."