Chapter 30

"Papa!" Luca shouted at the top of his lungs, screaming across the office and scowled when Zayn embarrassingly turned around and looked at the suddenly short tempered toddler standing on top of the table.

"Luca, what?" He hissed at him, "Get down." Zayn grabbed him and set him down on his feet, squatting to his level.

Luca pushed out his bottom lip, knowing what he did was wrong but he was extremely bored and wants to go home. "I want daddy, let go papa."

Zayn rubbed his thumb across Luca's cheek, wiping away a smudge of something unknown. "We can't, remember daddy went to see nana until he's better. It's you and I for awhile, and I need you to calm down so I can finish this meeting. Then we can go get food, go home - whatever you want to do."

He stomped his foot, already having been in the room for nearly two hours and there was nothing left for him to quietly explore while the adults talked. "Papa no, we go now."

"Babe, I just -" he stopped his words when he saw a familiar dirty blonde, "Niall!"

Luca turned around, seeing what papa was looking at and immediately started squealing when he recognized the infamous face. "Neil!"

Niall smiled as he slipped in the door, going straight to Zayn and the toddler, scooping up Luca who practically jumped into his arms. "How you been, bud. Your dad here doesn't bring you enough places, I barely see you but Lou told me you were here so I had to come hunt you down."

"You play with me?" Luca questioned, giving him a massive hug and repeatedly kissed his cheek.

Luca met Niall on a couple occasions Zayn had taken him around his band mates and the few times they've gone to dinner together, out of all the boys - Luca was most fond of Niall, he thought his accent was funny and he liked watching Niall play guitar.

He looked towards Zayn, unsure of how to answer but when Zayn immediately nodded he had his answer. "Course, I don't have to change your diaper or anything, yeah? I've got a nephew who's constantly pooing and I'm not -"

"Niall," Zayn stopped him with a laugh, "Could you take him to the vending machines or something, he's bored and he'll tell you if he needs the bathroom. Right Luca."

He nodded, smiling widely and gave Niall's cheek another kiss. "I poo'd at home."

Niall pulled a face, making Luca burst into a fit of giggles. "Brilliant, um - we'll just go explore the building and maybe go down the street to the park?"

Zayn silently nodded, agreeing to his plans and gave Luca a kiss. "Bye babe, you stay with uncle Niall and be good. I'll see you in a bit."

"Bye papa," he waved goodbye, happily letting Niall carry him out of the room.

"Mr. Malik," a voice spoke from behind him, breaking him from his thoughts as he watched Niall continue to make Luca giggle as they walked past the glass windows along the wall. "Shall we continue?"

He turned around and nodded, taking his seat again. "Where were we?"

"Section fourteen," she murmured as she flipped through her stack of papers double checking. "You've violated your contract by breaking off relations with Ms. Perrie Edwards, says here you are to stay in a committed relationship with Ms. Edwards until otherwise discussed."

He shook his head, not understanding because Management was on his side when he spoke to them about breaking up with Perrie months back. "No I didn't, my Management would've said something. That's not in my contract."

"You're correct but this was a contract you signed with Ms. Edwards, it's completely separate from your Sony and Modest contract. This contract pertains to you furthering Ms. Edwards career and attending publicity gigs together." She explained, skimming the papers - regardless to the fact that they've been discussing this for almost two hours.