Fight Song

For Robin, the summer had officially begun. He still awoke each morning to prepare Roland for his walk to school with Henry and ensured Regina arrived to work on time. He met her for lunch in her office everyday, once even bringing an assortment of fresh pastries from the local bakery for her coworkers. This, of course, impressed Mallory and she made sure to point it out to Regina.

The blonde had joined them for lunch the first day he visited, uninvited, and questioned (more like interrogated if you asked Regina) the man about his intentions and morals. When the conversation took an inappropriate turn to the topic of the brunette's sexual ability, Mal was dismissed. Robin found it quite appealing that she kept the intimate details of their relationship hidden; like it was a secret only the two of them shared. He respected her greatly for her modesty on the subject.

The Friday before Memorial Day, Leopold Blanchard always gave his employees the day off. Attorneys were rarely afforded any vacation days so he rewarded their hard work with a four day weekend rather than the national three day holiday. It was one of the few times of the year she really looked forward to.

Friday morning, Regina remained in bed while Henry readied himself for his school day. She wasn't asleep, but she kept her eyes closed and hugged the blankets to her chest, reveling in the comfort of her much deserved vacation day. Her son entered and she felt his presence, though her eyes were too tired to provide him with a proper greeting.

"Mom, I'm leaving to take Roland to school. I'll be home around four," he said from the doorway.

"Okay sweetie. Have a good day," she yawned before blowing him a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too," he smiled, happy she was finally able to have a day to herself, before leaving the apartment for the day.

Only a few minutes went by before she heard the sound of her front door opening, immediately clicking shut, and heavy footsteps headed toward the master bedroom. She smiled, knowing exactly who was visiting her. A second later, she felt the bed sink in from his weight as he crawled up the length of her body until his face was parallel with hers. He placed gentle pecks on her neck, jaw, cheek, and then finally on her lips; deepening it with tender affection and eliciting a hum of satisfaction from the sleepy woman.

"Good morning," he whispered, his voice soft with adoration.

"Good morning, my handsome man," she replied through a stretch, her eyelashes fluttering as her lids opened to reveal the deep brown irises he dreamt about each night. She draped her arms over his shoulders as he smoothed her bedhead away from her face, brushing the back of his fingers across her cheeks.

"You're so beautiful," he breathed out before adding, "I can't wait for Roland to start summer camp so I might actually have a chance to hold you through the night."

"I have to admit, it would be nice to know we're sleeping together and then actually get to sleep together," she chimed, both chuckling at her comment.

"I'm going to make you breakfast. Any requests?" He asked and she shook her head in protest.

"You don't have to do that. I'll get up in a minute," she responded, already attempting to wiggle her body out from beneath him.

"I'm perfectly capable of cooking, love," his voice filled with only a hint of frustration. He wanted to do a nice thing for her, but she was always so persistent; having to do everything herself.