Chapter 7

**Third Person POV** 

"Set her there." Esther feels someone carrying her, she would open her eyes but they were to heavy. Her breath becomes hitched when she remember what's going on. She can hear Karlie screaming and crying, feeling her heart breaking knowing there's not a lot she can do. "Shut up!!" a unfamiliar woman's voice comes to her ears as you can hear a slap. "I said put her down!!" The woman shouts as Esther can feel...a mattress?? Not too comfortable, but a mattress. She groans and sits up. Rubbing her eyes, she finally has the strength to open her eyes. "It's awake." A dark skinned man, Indian, with long dark hair, in a braid, said to the woman, which is quite tall, long dark red hair, up in a high bun, and killer blue eyes. Like, Elsa. "Well, good to see that you're living, Esther." She gives an evil smile. "Take the child to the room." "Yes ma'am." Hunter takes Karlie to a small broom closet, with some blankets and a pillow on the floor. "Stay." He orders her, like a dog and slamming the door. "Easter!!" she jumps up after a second, pounding on the door. Esther can hear her, but she can't move or anything due to her ankles and hands being tied. "What are you going to do with Karlie??" Esther snaps. "Taking her back where she belongs, you don't think her father was that stupid, do you??" The woman snaps. "Her father was taken back to jail!!" She screams. "Easther!! Papa!! Daddy!!" Karlie cries, wishing her superhero would show up. "K-karlie??" Marli's voice comes to her ears. "Marli!!" Karlie turns around, feeling her best friend's hand on her head. "Karlie!! Oh no, they found you!!" Marli cries, hugging the small child. She had been here for two weeks now, being kidnapped from what she was starting to consider her home. They tried to pry it out of her, but there was no way she was going to let her idols, heros even, get hurt, no matter how many times they have burned her, dunked her in water, slowly cut her skin, they saved her, now it was her turn. "Dey got Easter, Mar. I scared." Karlie cries into the little girl's chest. "It's gonna be fine." she lies. She has no idea what will happen to Esther, she couldn't bare to think of it. "Sing." Karlie cracks. "What??" "Swing. Dey sung to me, so no Stand By." she sniffles. "Umm...okay, but come here, and be quiet." Marli pulls Karlie to the back of the little, but long closet. The two curl up, backs against the wall, and she starts to sing Say Something, deciding to still sing Pentatonix, in attempt to sooth the little girl. 

"So, Ms.Kaplan," The woman paces in front of her. Where can you find Mitch and Scott?? she thinks to herself. "Where can we find this Mr. and Mr.Grassi-Hoying??"  I must be dreaming, or am I in an action movie?? She thinks to herself sarcastically. "I don't know." she says. "I really don't. They wouldn't be home." How stupid do they think I am?? I can lie you know. I'm a big sister. She mentally rolls her eyes. "Oh, really now??" she nods to a guy. "Nope...they wouldn't be there." She really was telling the truth. Avi made them pack their bags and they all went to a hotel a few miles away from where they were. But...I'll get back to them later. "You do know what will happen if I found out you're lying right?? Little Karlie will pay. Or Marli." She watches Esther's face fill with fear. "W-what does Marli have to do with all this?!" Esther screams. "None of your concern." She laughs, walking away. The Indian man walks up to her, "Now, be still." He says. He pulls something out of his pocket, a bottle of water. "What's in that...??" She says, not trusting anything. "Look, it's unopened. It's just water, I swear. I bought it on the way here." He shows her the unopened bottle of water. "Okay." Esther nods. "Here, have a drink, I'm giving the rest to the little ones." he smiles a comforting smile, helping Esther have a drink. "So, what's this big deal about Karlie, why do they want her so bad??" Esther decides to ask him. "Her photographic memory, it gives her dad a lot of power, aparently." He shrugs. "I think he just wants Karlie because it's the last thing of Carrie he has." "Carrie??" "Karlie's mother. She was killed in a drive by of one of James's worst enemy." Esther nods. "I better hurry." He walks off, in the same direction that Hunter took Karlie. He taps on the door and Marli lets out a whisper. "Come in, Terrance." He walks in, giving the girl the water bottle. "Did Esther get a drink??" she asks. "Yes ma'am." "Good, thank you." The man walks out of the room. Terrance Macklemore is one who's gonna be really important. He doesn't like all this shit Ms.Carter and James are doing. My sister just wanted Karlie to live a happy life, with someone besides him. Mitch and Scott were giving her that. Jackasses. he thinks often. "I'm heading out!!" He calls to the people searching for Mitch and Scott. He walks out, punching a number on his phone.