Chapter 28

**Marli's POV**

"New York is so pretty..." I whisper from the car window. "Yep. Why is nobody answering!?" Esther groans. "I can't even get Ben to answer." I lay my head on Esther. "Relax momma." She lets her head fall back against the seat, watching the city go by. "You know, only Ben and Jake know you're with me, no one else has a clue." I start laughing, "That's great." 

We get to the hotel, and man is it pretty. "That's a really tall building." I look up at the huge facility. "Come on, Buggie." Esther motions for me to follow her. "Thank you." Esther pays the driver after we get our stuff. As we walk in the hotel, momma's phone starts ringing, "Hello?? Ben?? Finally!!" Esther answers the phone. They talk for a bit, but I'm too focused on everything happening around me. I watch how many different people go by until Esther taps my shoulder, "Come on, hun." She smiles, grabbing my hand. She checks in and we head up to the room, and it's so far up, the 22nd floor of the building, out of 25. "These people are too nice." Esther laughs when we reach the room. She unlocks and opens the door for me and when I walk in, I lose whatever breath I had in me. There's a huge bed in the middle of the room, and to the left of the bed there's a living room, with a t.v. in there and a little kitchenette I think they're called to the right of the bed, along with the bathroom. "This place is humongous." I say breathlessly. "Well," Esther said setting our stuff down, "Kirstie, Jeremy, and Ben are going out for dinner, you hungry??" I nod, "But what about Mitch, Scott and Karlie??"

 **Scott's POV**

I'm sitting in my living room, just watching t.v. alone, when there's a knock at the door. 'Did Mitch forget his key again??' I question, walking up to the door. When I open the door, it's the woman I saw the night before I woke up from my coma. "Scott you need to wake up." She says panicly. "What are you talking about??" "You are dreaming and you need to wake up. Now!! You're daughter's in trouble!!" I stare at her blankly. "Scott, please just wake up!! Wake up!!" She shakes me.

I jerk awake, sitting straight up, looking at Karlie. I feel myself go pale when I catch her laying there, eyes closed, but her chest is popping up and down like she can't breathe. "KARLIE!!" I scream, waking Mitch up while running over to her. "What th-" "Mitch call 911." Mitch looks, at Karlie, snatching his phone as fast as he can. I can hear him on the phone, but I'm too focused on my daughter. "Karlie..." I say calmly as possible, not knowing what to do. "They said don't move at all until the ambulance gets here." I feel Mitch beside me. I grab Karlie's little hand, please be okay darling. I feel Mitch shaking like a cartoon character in the cold. "Scott," He whispers, "I'm scared." "Me too." I whisper back, after that there's just a thick, dead silence hanging in the air.

"Kirstin." I say when she answers the phone, "Yes Scott??" She says, "I need you guys to get to Mercy hospital right away, it's just a few blocks away from the hotel." "Why?! What happened!?" I wipe the tears away from my face. "Something happened to Karlie while she was sleeping." I can hear her heart drop. "We'll be there ASAP." She says before hanging up. "Baby," I put my phone down, looking up at Mitch, "please stop pacing, you're scaring me more." "Sorry." He takes a seat next to me, and as soon as his head hits my arm, he busts into tears. "Scott I'm so scared." He cries. "I know baby, I am too." I answer honestly. "How did you know she was in trouble??" He sniffles after a few minutes, I then explain the dream I had right before I woke up. "That's insane." "Yeah." I agree. "And she also talked to me in a dream the day before I woke up from my coma." I remember I hadn't told Mitch about that. "Do you think it could be Karlie's mom watching over her??" Mitch questions. "I don't know." I answer, wiping some tears from his beautiful face. After a few minutes, Esther, and Ben get here. "Where's Kirstie??" Mitch asks worriedly. "Wait a second. The elevator was full." Ben says. We nod, and a few seconds later Kirstie appears with a familiar adorable 7 year-old with brown hair. "Marli!!" Mitch exclaims, running over and picking her up in a hug. "Hello." She whispers quietly. Kirstie silently pulls me aside, letting me explain the dream I had and waking up to find my daughter pretty much dying. "Wow." Kirstie says, tears in her eyes. "That's beautifully terrifying." I nod as she hugs me. I remember how many times we've done this, too many.