Chapter 32

**Mitch's POV**

"Are you sure Avi?? You should go out and have fun too." I ask him over the phone, he's asking if he can have Karlie for New Year's Eve. "Yes I'm sure Mitch, Kevin's going out with Alyssa and Esther's going out with friends, so I already have Marli. Plus, you and Scott could use some calm alone time." He says, making me sigh, "C'mon babe, it'll be fine." Scott wraps his arms around my waist. "It's Avi. She'll be safe." I nod, "You're right, okay, are you picking her up or are we bringing her there??" "Kevin's out and has Marli already, he'll be there in a bit." "Okay, and Avi??" "Yeah??" "I'm trusting you, she has to have her breathing treatment before bed, so she doesn't have another attack." "I know Mitchie, and Kev's humidifier is already in the girl's room. I'll have it going all night. Okay??" "Okay." "Bye Mitch." "Bye Avriel." I hang up, "Babe." Scott lifts my face up, "I'll go get some wine and we'll have a wine night." He kisses my forehead, "Wine night sounds nice." I look down the hallway to Karlie's room, "And Karlie will be fine, it's Marli and Avi, and Kevin. She'll be okay." I nod, "Karlie!!" 

"Bye-bye." Karlie hugs us, "I be fine, I wove you!!" I laugh, kissing her head, "Okay Ms.Grown-up." Kevin laughs. "Bye baby girl." Scott kisses her cheek, "We'll pick her up tomorrow??" Kevin nods, "Sure." He grins and we laugh, "Ready princess??" Karlie nods, "Razzy." She walks off, grabbing her bunny. "I ready." Kevin nods, "Happy New Years y'all." He smiles, "Same to you." Scott says, "Cheers." I say as they leave. "Now, I'm gonna go get wine, you coming??" I shake my head, "I'm gonna shower in a bit." "Okay be back in a sec." I fall on the couch as Scott leaves. After a few minutes, Natalie calls me. 

"Heelloo??" "Bubba??" Shit, what happened now. "What happened sister??" "I had a date tonight, right??" "Ooo!!" "Yeah, it was okay, but I dropped Ady off at her Dad's, so she could spend some time with her." "Uh huh..." "Well I came to pick her up, and Chance wouldn't let me take her." "Shit, was he drunk??" "Well..." "Natalie!!" "He wasn't drunk when I dropped her off!! But he...he..." "Spit it out." "He punched me if front of her. Straight in the jaw." "Are you fucking kidding me!?" My anger goes through the roof, "I'm gonna kill him." "Ady called the police and I have her now, we're safe now, bubba." "I don't give two shits Natalie Kyra!! He shouldn't have touched you, and he shouldn't have been drinking around Adeline, is she okay??" I growl suddenly, "I think so." "Let me talk to her. Now. Alone." "Okay, okay." Natalie tries to say calmingly, "Hello??" I hear little Ady's voice, "Hi honey." I say as calmly as I can. "Hi Uncle Mitch." "Are you okay??" She knows what I mean by that, her father has tried to be sexual towards her when he's drunk. "Daddy tried to touch me. And he almost did, Uncle Mitch, he almost did." She starts to cry, "He told me that I was never going to see mommy or you ever again." "That's not true baby, you're never seeing your father again, okay??" I say through gritted teeth as Scott walks in. "Let me talk to mommy now okay??" "Okay." "Why..why is she crying bubby??" "She is never allowed over there again. He tried to rape her Nat, and kidnap her. Dad is enough of a bad influence of her taste in guys. Never again, do you understand??" "Okay." "I don't care if I have to move you guys out of Oklahoma. Never again." "Okay Mitch!!" "I love you sister." "I love you too bubba." I smile as Scott sits beside me, "I'll...I'll talk to you later." I slightly frown, "Alright, I'm always here." "I know." She hangs up.

"What happened??" "Chance fucking happened." I tell Scott the whole story, trying not to scream or punch anything. "Wow." He wraps his arms around me, "But they're safe now, so relax. You know they arrested him." "Yeah, but you know where he lives, he'll be out tomorrow." "Whatever, relax baby." Scott starts to rub my shoulders, making me relax a bit,, "That feels good." I smile, closing my eyes, "Good." He does it a bit longer, Wyatt climbing in my lap. "Hey bud." I stroke his head while Scott gets up, getting me and him a glass of wine. "Thank you babe." I say as he kisses me. "Welcome." I take a swig, "Ooo. This is good." He smiles, turning on the t.v.