Chapter 11

**Scott's POV** 

I'm standing in the middle of the street, and Karlie's right in front of me. "Papa!!" She cries, running up to me. I pick her up and hug her tightly. "I'm sowwy!! It all my fault!!" She cries. "Honey, shh, no it's not." I keep hugging her, starting to tear up. "Scott!!" I hear Mitch wail. "Mitch??" I run down the street, looking for him. "Scott!!" He appears right in front of me, but Karlie's gone. And I'm not staring at 23 year old Mitch, it's 15 year old Mitch. "Mitchie, what's wrong??" My teen voice comes out, scaring me. I look down, basketball shorts and a hoodie, I am the teenager me. "I'm so sorry." He points a gun to his head. "Mitch!!" I scream running for the gun as he fires it.

I jerk awake, sweating and trembling. I look over and I don't see Mitch. "Mitch!?" I call out. No answer, "Mitch!!" I jump up and listen for him, I hear him crying in the bathroom. "Mitch...??" I walk to the door, cautiously. He keeps crying and then he's silent. I'm at the door, and I just listen carefully, I guess he saw my feet cuz he whispers "S-Scott??" He whispers. I go to open the door, but it's locked. "No!!" He screams. "Mitch please let me in!!" I cry out, jiggling the door. "NO!!" He screams louder. "Mitch..." I whisper. "No!!" He screams again. I listen to him cry, and Kirstie walks in. "Still in there??" She looks at me, worried. "He ran in there when I left, an hour ago..." She walks over to the door, "Mitch??" "NOOO!!!" He screams again. "Panic attack??" "Panic attack." I nod. He's done this since we were 15. I remember that day...

"Mitch??" I walk through his empty house, pulling the sleeves of my hoodie up. "Mitch!!" His parents left for the weekend, and his sister's gone, so he was all alone. I know he hates that, so I thought we could jump on the trampoline or something. "Mitch, where are you?! It's Scott!!" I walk to his room, and it's trashed, unlike its usual clean and organized appearance. "Mitchie??" I listen and I can hear crying. "Mitch, where are you??" I walk in his room, and the crying gets louder. "Mitch??" I walk to his closet, "Are you in here??" I listen. "S-Scott...??" I hear his voice whisper, "Hey Mitch." I smile to myself. I go to open the door, but it's locked. "No." He cries. "C'mon Mitch, what's wrong??" "No!! No, no, no!!" I sigh. "NOOO!!!" He kicks the door. I slide down the wall beside his closet, listening to him cry. I decide to sing the first song that comes to my head, not wanting to hear my best friend cry anymore. 

"Hey there Delilah
What's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away
But girl, tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true

Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise
I'm by your side

Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me

Hey there Delilah
I know times are getting hard
But just believe me, girl
Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar
We'll have it good
We'll have the life we knew we would
My word is good

Hey there Delilah
I've got so much left to say
If every simple song I wrote to you
Would take your breath away
I'd write it all
Even more in love with me you'd fall
We'd have it all

Oh it's what you do to me..."

I hear the door unlock, and Mitch pushes pushes the door open, "Would you shutup?? Jessa annoys the hell out of me with that song." I laugh. "I like the song, sue me." We laugh, "No, it's a good song, but not good enough to hear a kazillion times in a row." He makes a sour face. He crawls out of the closet and hugs me. "Thanks though." "No problem. What was that??" "A panic attack, I get them randomly. I just never thought I would have to tell you about it. Or Kirstie." He half laughs. "Well, what about when we live in an apartment together??" "I...Don't know." "Exactly."