Chapter 21

**2 weeks later**

**Mitch's POV**

"Scott Richard what are you doing?!" I yell as I catch Scott trying to get out of bed, again. "I can do this Mitch." Scott exclaims. "You know what the doctor said!!" Scott and Esther got out of the hospital about a week ago, and Scott is supposed to be on bed rest, to get his strength back. Seriously, Kevin and Avi had to practically had to carry him in here. "Yeah, but just let me try." He actually gets to the edge of the bed, but stops. "What??" I say when he looks at me. "I just remembered, if I were to fall, I'd be stuck." We start laughing. "But hey, you got to the edge of the bed." I point out. "True." I walk over and sit on the bed. "What's Karlie up to??" "Oh, she's playing with those Littlest Pet Shops Nicole got her." I answer as Scott nods. "The Toddy Team is really obsessed with her huh??" Scott laughs. "Yeah." I laugh along. I fall back and Scott laughs some more. "You're so adorable." "You're more adorable." "Uh uh. You are!!" We make mean faces at each other before I say, "I think our daughter is more adorable than us combined." Scott nods. "That's pretty accurate." We talk about anything and everything, listening to Karlie play in her room. "Her T.V. should be here tomorrow. Kirstie and Jeremy are going to pick it up." I explain as Scott nods. Karlie comes running in, and hugs Scott. "Papa!! You move!!" Scott laughs. "Yeah baby, just to the edge of the bed though." Karlie smiles. "Good job, Papa." She hugs him again and I pull my phone out and snap a picture right before she lets go. "Daddy, I thirsty. Can you get me a cwup??" "Sure thing honey." "Tank yous!!" I get up and walk to the kitchen, but on the way I see Wyatt, waddling towards me and I start cracking up. I pick him up and turn back into Mine and Scott's room. "Karlie, honey." I say. "Yes??" "Why is Wyatt wearing a princess dress??" Scott starts dying of laughter. "Is that a doll dress??" "Yeah!! Baby Cinderella looks like." "What!? I needed a pwincess to save." Scott laughs harder. I take the dress off of Wyatt and he runs off. I walk back in the kitchen, grabbing Karlie a cup. She comes in and I hand it to her. "Daddy??" She says shyly, "Yes princess??" "Can I have Memolade??" "Don't spill it." I smile, getting the pink lemonade out of the fridge. "I help!! I help!!" Karlie announces, putting the cup on the counter. "Alright, come here." I let her in front of me as she places her hands on the jug. I pour the lemonade as Karlie giggles. Times like this it reminds me she's only 3 years old, yet at times she acts so much older. I hear the sound of an iPhone camera, twice, I look over to see Scott, standing in the archway of the kitchen. "Papa!!" Karlie exclaims. "Before you freak out on me, it was actually really easy. Like nothing had ever happened to me." I stare at him blankly. "Well... good job babe." I put the lemonade up as Karlie walks out of the kitchen with her drink. As soon as Karlie had walked to her room, I turned to Scott, surprising myself when I rushed over to him, hugging him as tight as I could. "You okay Mitchie??" Scott whispers. "I don't know."

**Scott's POV**

I know why Mitch did that. Things are finally going back to the way we want them to be. We have Karlie and I'm finally becoming healthy again. Mitch starts to tear up and I just hug him tighter before I pull myself back, looking down into his eyes. "Hey, no more tears. We're happy now." I wipe away the tears that had barely escaped his eyes. "I know. It's great." I kiss Mitch's forehead before I walk to Karlie's room, where I catch her playing with her Ever After High doll again. "Woosh!!" She giggles, making the doll fly in a circle. "Woooosh!!!" She laughs harder. I roll my eyes and walk to the living room, sitting by my husband on the couch. He hands me my phone before I even realize I wanted it. "Thanks babe." I laugh. "I knew you would forget about it. You tired??" I shake my head. "No. Why??" "Oh, I don't know, you just started getting up and walking around for the first time in two weeks!!" "Oh, yeah..." Mitch cracks up. I unlock my phone and I get a text from an old friend. "Orby??" Mitch questions as he lays on my shoulder. "Yeah, I met him right after the Sing-Off. Orby Orta. He's that cheer coach, remember??" "Oh!! That's right!! And his partner is also a cheer coach, yeah??" I nod.