Chapter 22

**Marli's POV**

I wake up to the sounds of nothing but my heavy breathing, again. I have nightmares. I look around to see that everyone's asleep, and I walk to Jessie's room. "Jessie??" I whisper knocking on the door. "Why are you up??" She looks at me, before handing me her phone. "Esther's number's in there. The code is 1380." I stare at her, "You look like you need to talk to her." She smiles. "T-thank you." I whisper, mentally yelling at myself for stuttering. "Just bring it back when you're done." I nod, walking out of her room. Talking to Esther would be nice, but she's probably asleep. I grab my sketchbook and my pencil bag, filled with pencils, colored and normal, erasers, a sharpener, and two black pens, all that Mitch bought me, he's too nice. I also grab my earbuds and iPod, which Avi bought me, putting all the music I like on there, including every Pentatonix song ever. I climb out on the fire escape, mine and Karlie's oasis. It's away from the city lights, and you have just enough moonlight to see, but it's still dark so you can see a million stars. I put in the earbuds, playing Skinny Love by Birdy (If you haven't heard that song, WHAT ARE YOU!?!?) and I start drawing away.

"Come on skinny love just last the year,

Pour a little salt we were never here,
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my...
Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer.

Tell my love to wreck it all,
Cut out all the ropes and let me fall,
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my...
Right in the moment this order's tall.

And I told you to be patient,
And I told you to be fine,
And I told you to be balanced,
And I told you to be kind,
And in the morning I'll be with you,
But it will be a different kind,
'Cause I'll be holding all the tickets,
And you'll be owning all the fines.

Come on skinny love, what happened here?
Suckle on the hope in light brassieres,
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my...
Sullen load is full, so slow on the split.

And I told you to be patient,
And I told you to be fine,
And I told you to be balanced,
And I told you to be kind,
And now all your love is wasted,
Then who the hell was I?
'Cause now I'm breaking at the britches,
And at the end of all your lines.

Who will love you?
Who will fight?
And who will fall far behind?

Come on skinny love,
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my...

My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my."

Six or Seven songs later I finish the drawing (Picture) and decided to make it look like I called Esther. I pull out Jessie's phone from my pants pocket, unlocking it, going to contacts, and calling Esther. "Hello??" She answers sleepily after a few rings, crap she answered. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." I mumble quickly. "You're fine, Marli. What's up, you okay??" She says, a little more awake now. "Yeah, just had a bad dream, no big deal." I admit. "Well nightmares can be a big deal, unless you tell someone. What happened in this bad dream of yours??" I stare up at the moon, am I really gonna trust her with this?? "Come on, Mar. You can tell me." She says comfortingly. Here it goes, I guess. I close my eyes and remember the dream I had a few minutes ago.

I'm standing in the middle of a dark forest. I can hear someone screaming, but I can't move. I can hear James laughing, at least I thought it was him. "Can't save everyone, can we??" This blonde-ish man walks towards me. He has blood all over his face, the scream has died out, and I look down to see Avi laying in front of me. I fall to my knees, screaming "Avi!! No, Avi, wake up!!" I look back up to see that the guy is smiling at me evilly, "Don't look up." He laughs. My head uncontrollably snaps up and Karlie is hanging from a tree, along with Esther, but then Esther falls out of the tree, slowly. I can hear her whisper something, "Run." I can't though, I try my hardest. I close my eyes and try to get up. When I open my eyes, I'm holding a knife covered in blood. There's a mirror to my right and I can see that there is blood everywhere, it's falling down my face like teardrops. I turn to see Kirstie screaming. I turn back and the mirror is gone, but Scott and Mitch's lifeless bodies are lying there. "You're a monster!!" I hear Kirstie scream, then a bunch of voices say the same thing, Kevin's, Karlie's, Jessie's, Esther's, even Scott and Mitch's parents.