Chapter Thirty Four

Tokyo, Japan

Taylor's P.O.V

The flight to Japan was not at all what I thought it would be. I had imagined worst scenario possible with a crying Allie, well screaming Allie and rough turbulence and just the absolute worst case scenario. But reality was very different. "Babe...hey Taylor..." I move my head towards the sound and instantly see Karlie's bright smile, smiling back I resound to answering with a "yeah?" Karlie beckons me towards her as I leave the back of the plane where we had security install an air-safe crib for Allie. I walk towards Karlie and just as I am about to repeat myself and ask her 'yeah?' she pulls me into her lap and I land with an attractive 'omphf' sound. Karlie immediately begins to laugh as I pout. "What was that Tay?" she managed to say whilst laughing. I sulk and don't answer her, in fact I try to get off her lap but that proves difficult once her arms are wrapped around me. "Where are you trying to go now?" she questions me, her lips pressed against the back of my neck. I shiver involuntary, this is how the last few weeks have been since we got back to the city. Two days after our reunion at the Pennsylvania house. The car ride home had taken longer than it had for me to get there but the ride was full of Karlie's little interruptions which included brushing her fingertips up and down my exposed thighs, which was my fault for wearing a skirt. Once home in New York things just fell into place.

*FLASHBACK*

"Mom, we're home." Karlie calls as we walk through the front door of our apartment. It felt nice to refer to something as 'ours' again. Tracy came bustling out from the kitchen with a dab of flour on her nose. "Uh mom, a little something on your face..." Karlie states as her mom reaches up to rub her nose. She brings her hand back down and stares at it before rolling her shoulders and saying. "I made lunch, you hungry?" she asks looking at each of us. I nod as Karlie says,
"Damn yeah, I'm starving. Where's everyone?" for the first time I notice that Tracy is alone and I begin to panic. 'Allie.' Is all I can think about, but I'm soon calmed down as a ruckus enters the apartment behind us. Allie is cradled in her grandpa's arms while Kurt looks fondly at his granddaughter. "Hey guys..." he states upon seeing us. I walk over and side hug him as he hands Allie over to me, she shuffles slightly with the different hold but settles into me very quickly. "Hey dad," I hear Karlie say as she greets everyone but I'm too taken with Allie. She seems to change every five seconds and I feel like she is different today than she was in Pennsylvania. Staring at Allie makes me wonder if Karlie and I will ever have more kids or just have Allie. I turn to ask her but everyone is gone and rather than follow them I walk upstairs towards our bedroom so I can spend a bit of time with Allie. I settle on the bed as she wakes up and looks around, she goes to cry until she sees me and as I bring her up for a kiss her little fingers wrap in my hair and tangle it. I giggle and she giggles. I had almost forgotten how much I love her giggle. Ten minutes later and she is between my legs on the bed, my fingers are running up her chubby little legs while I blow raspberries on her tummy.

Time seems to slow as I spend precious minutes with Allie, and as she falls asleep again I wonder what Karlie would think about adopting again after the tour. 'I'll ask her.' I promise myself as her head sticks in our door and she visibly relaxes. "What's up?" I question her. She smiles and walks over to me. "Nothing, I just couldn't find you." I look up and see the strain on her face so I grab her face and pull it to mine for a kiss, "I'm sorry." I say as she looks at me then down at Allie.
"It's a good thing, you're both cute." She states trying to be straight faced but fails as I pout. She leans down and scoops up Allie and begins to walk to the nursery, I follow her and lean on the door frame to watch her. She places Allie on her back and sets up the musical mobile and baby monitor before coming back to me. Pecking my lips she states. "I want another one day." Before walking away downstairs leaving me open mouthed and wondering how she could read my thoughts. Shaking my head I follow her and that night as we bid goodbye to everyone, promising to call from the road and let everyone know what we are up to. Tracy and Kurt hug me and thank me for letting Karlie come back. I look at them as they explain that Karlie was worried about not remembering me. She remembered my soup from falling again, I joke that it 'knocked some sense into her' everyone laughs, even Karlie. I thank them all and promise to send tickets to a concert. They mention the Staples Centre ones and I agree, even though it's so far away.