Chapter 4

Tris' POV:

I'm officially ticked off. I know that it was Tobias' turn with Kyle, but everything is so stressful.

Honestly, the only reason that I really went to his house was to see him, not Kyle. I wanted to make sure Kyle was okay, too, but I mainly needed To- wait....

Have I been calling him Tobias this whole time? Anyways, Four, has always been there for me.... I needed him to be there for me this time.

I'm on the highway, going home, when traffic is stopped up. What's going on? Maybe it's a wreck or something.

As I get closer, I see two cars, completely totaled. Brendon had an interview tonight, so I started to call him to tell him to go a different route.

He doesn't answer so I text him. He's probably doing a bunch of other stuff.

I get even closer, and when I see that black jeep, my heart stops. I pull over and run to the police officers.

"Brendon!" I yell.

"Ma'am, we're going to have to ask you to leave." The officer says to me.

"W-who is that?" I ask, pointing to a young adult, lying on the gurney.

"That doesn't concern you, ma'am." He says.

"That's my boyfriend's car! I think it does concern me!" I say, louder than expected.

"Okay, ma'am. I need you to calm down. Come with me, and see if it's him, and identify him." He says calmly.

We walk over to the body, and I stare at his perfect face, even though it's still damaged. "Brendon..." I whisper, running my fingers through his thick, brown hair.

"Is this him." The officer asks.

I nod, "his name is Brendon.... Brendon Urie." I begin to sob, and a helicopter arrives. They put Brendon in, and I get in, also, holding his hand in mine.

"Please get through this, baby." I say as
tears just flow down my face.

My phone starts ringing to the song, Far Too Young To Die, which makes me cry even more. The fact that it's Brendon's song, and the title makes it terrible.

I look at the caller ID to see it's Four. I hang up the phone and look back to Brendon.

I look up and see the doctor looking at me with a look of sadness. "He's going to be okay, right?" I ask, my voice low.

"I'm can't promise you anything." He sighs. Four calls again, and I do the same thing.

We get to the hospital and when we get out, paparazzi are taking pictures from the ground. Are you freaking kidding me?!

Brendon is in the worst state possible, yet they continue to fantasize over him. "Young lady, who are you?!" I hear some person call out. They are very loud people.

I ignore all of they're questions and continue to go inside the hospital quickly. They make me sit in the waiting room, and I just stare at the floor.

My phone rings once more, so I answer. "What do you want?!" I say, irritated.

"Tris....... Kyle's gone..." I hear him say, and I say, "what?! What are you talking about?! Four, this isn't funny!"

" I'm not laughing! I woke up, and he was gone! Can you like come?!" He says in a serious tone.

"I don't know what to do! I can't come, but I need to, but I can't leave!" I exclaim. This can't be happening. I am not losing my boyfriend or my child.