Chapter 9

Tris' POV:

"I miss him..."

"I know you do, but I believe that you will soon get over him and move on."

"Mom, I lost everything after the wreck."

"Honey, it's going to be okay-"

"That's what everyone says, but it really isn't okay at all!" I cut my mother off, with my voice raised.

"Tris, I'm serious. You'll eventually move on, but for now it's going to be hard," Natalie says, wrapping her arms around me comfortingly.

I miss Brendon so much. I can't live without him anymore. I want it all to be over.

I begin to sob into her shoulder as I hear that familiar voice.

"Tri- Oh, uh, excuse me," I hear Tobias say as he begins to walk away.

"No, it's fine," I say to him. "Mom, I need to be leaving, alright?"

"Tris, honey. Why don't you just stay with us, your father and I? You and Kyle can stay here together and we can help out with his sickness and all," she says. "I don't feel comfortable with you staying with him," she whispers after saying the first part aloud.

"No, I'm fine staying with Four. We need to learn how to care for Kyle anyways. You can't take control of me and care for my kid all the time," I say.

She sighs, "I guess it's your call."

I walk over to Tobias, who's holding Kyle, and say, "let's go."

We've stayed at my mother's for about 2 hours or so, just talking about some things that needed to be clear. There's been so much crap in the past with my parents, and it kills me to have them hate Tobias the way that they do.

There isn't anything going on between us, so I don't understand why they don't like him. Plus, my mother has always hated him, but after the break up, my dad wasn't too fond of him. And trust me, they had a good relationship too.

------Time Lapse------

Hey beautiful,
    So I went out to hang with some friends. I hope you don't mind being alone at the house with just Kyle. I'll be back soon, trust me. Text or call me if you need me. If you're in danger then call me right away, got it? Alright, I'll probably be back at around 10:30 or so.
    Be safe love, Tobias.<3

This is seriously what I had to wake up to? Kyle's sick!! I can't care for him by myself!

...I can care for him by myself... I have to. I'm his mother. But before I do anything...

You really had to leave while I was asleep? -T

About 25 minutes later...

Sorry babe, I really am. I can come home if you want me to. -4

No, it's fine. It would've been nice if you could have woken me up though. Anyways, have fun.. -T

I'm soooooo very sorry though. Be safe, I love you. -4

Whenever I was waiting for a reply the first time, I went ahead and got Kyle some food ready.

I go into his room, and I see that he's sleeping. It's a peaceful sleep too. He hasn't had a good rest since a little before the doctor.

Tobias' POV:

"Ayeeeeeee, Four!" Uriah exclaims.

"What's up my man," I say as we give each other a bro hug.

He laughs and says, "I got someone here for you to meet by the way." He smirks as I laugh.

"And who would that be?" I question.

"Babe, come out!" He yells.

I smile at him, anxious to find out who else is here. I look at the ground for a minute when someone says, "Tobias?"

No.... It can't be.

I look up quickly and see the face of her... Anisette.

"Anisette? Y- you've changed..." I stutter. Dang has she gotten hot. I mean she was pretty attractive before, but wow, I think I have heart eyes for her.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Uriah says.

I nod and say, "sorry for ditching you that night, Anisette."

"It's fine," she smiles. "How are you and... Tris, wasn't it? Did you two get married?"

"Oh, uh... No, we didn't... It's a long story. You and Uriah? You two are back together?" I question.

She nods. "I'm kind of confused..." Uriah says.

"Baby, remember when we had to jump out in front of a car and get a ride home with them? It was your idea, you should remember," Anisette says.

"Oh... yeah?" Uriah replies.

"Well, I just so happened to jump out in front of his car," she says.

"How are we just now discussing this?" I ask. "It's been two years ever since then."

"Good question, but I guess that's just how life wants to treat us." She says.

"Okay then..." I reply. "Be right back."

I go grab my phone real quick and see that I got a text from Tris a while ago. Please be okay.

You really had to leave while I was asleep? -T

I reply right away, asking if she wants me home. I kind of feel bad about leaving her alone with Kyle, especially since he's sick and all.

I walk back into the room where Uriah and Anisette are and say, "Okay, do you want me to explain everything to you about the girl that I am still in love with?"

They both nod, so I begin.

a/n: two months later & another chapter;)) finally, goodness i need to write more!! ik this is short too but what i think im going to do is go ahead and write as many next chapters as possible today and whenever so i can just post them each day until they run out. but anyways sorry for making you wait & you prob forgot whats been happening depending on all the stories that youve read but yeah. just reread the last chapter and maybe youll understand. anyways pls vote comment and follow❤️