Chapter 28

One Week Later...

Tobias' POV:

It's already Monday again. Tris has been pretty distant with me lately. I think it's because I'm so busy with football. We've talked, but it's been short. I think it might be because we never get the chance to have a good, long conversation. I've just been so busy with ball, and she probably thinks that I don't want to talk to her.

Tris gets way too personal with things, and she isn't a forgetful person either. That's probably what it was, but I'll make it up to her. I've just been really stressed with football and a bunch of other sh*t lately.

Football practice passed by quickly today. It ended at it's usual time, twelve, but it just seemed to go by quicker than normal.

I hop into my Jeep, and I start driving home. Tris didn't tell me where they were heading... I haven't asked, have I? I really hope that she doesn't hate me. We were doing good, and I screwed this up. I always do.

Football makes me a different person. I'm not the same. I can't always be there to hang out with my family during the season. I'm the quarterback in our first string of the team, so it's hard for me to get breaks.

I soon arrive at my home, knowing that it's going to be empty and quiet. I choose to call Tris, since she's in the same time zone now. The phone rings for a bit, but she soon answers.

"Hey," she says.

"Hey babe! Sorry I didn't get to talk to you much over the weekend. My schedule was packed with interviews and other football stuff," I pull my car into the garage.

"It's fine... Are you headed home?" she asks.

"I actually just pulled into the garage. I can talk for as long as you'd like today," I smile.

"No, there's no need for that," she says.

"What? Why?" I try to find the key to my home out of the several other ones that I have.

"I'm busy. You know, with football stuff," she says.

I roll my eyes, unlocking and opening the door, "Cut it out. Where are y-" I stop myself when I see things moved in the kitchen.

"What?" she asks.

"Sorry, it looks like someone broke in or something. I need to go check the security cameras," I say, grabbing the baseball bat in the corner.

"Don't get the baseball bat!" she exclaims, "I mean, there's probably no need for that."

I furrow my eyebrows, "Did I just hear you yell... Not just in the phone?"

"What, what are you talking about?" she says.

"Tris, are you here?" I smirk.

"Why would I be there? I'm staying with the boys for another three weeks," she says.

"Oh really?" I ask, walking through the house, "I'm just going to go check the cameras then."

"Okay, you have fun with that. But be careful, I don't want the burglar to get you," she snickers.

I smile, "I love you."