Chapter 14

Friday morning...

Tris' POV:

I had to go pick up Kyle from mom's this morning. When I got there, he had the biggest smile ever on his face and yelled, "Mommy!"

He was so excited to see me, and I cannot begin to tell you how happy it made me feel. I was pretty disappointed when I realized that I only get to spend about 5 minutes with him this morning.

The trip from mom's house to the day care was only a short trip after all. I thanked my mother for watching him the whole week, and I brought him to day care.

The whole time in the car I continued cooing at him and making him laugh.

"I love you baby boy," I turned and smiled at him.

He mumbled something that sounded like an, "I love you," back, so I turned to face him again. I smiled so brightly at him, and he had the same smile back.

When I turned back to the road, some type of object was in front if me. I gasped and cursed loudly, remembering Kyle was in the car too.

I swerved and slammed on my brakes, breathing heavily. I turned towards Kyle to see him crying. "It's okay, baby," I said to him.

All of a sudden I heard a loud honk. I turned to my left, and there it was. The only thing I could do was sit there, hearing my baby cry loudly and think, why is this happening to us?

There was a big crash, and then all was black.

Tobias' POV:

I kept thinking to myself, where the heck is Tris?

I heard her getting out of bed this morning, mumbling something, and that's all I could remember happening with her.

I kept calling her, but her phone kept going to voice mail. I decided to give Natalie a call instead.

She had told me that she'd already stopped by to get Kyle. I just figured she was stuck in traffic and her phone died or something.

But no, it was worse. It had to be worse.

Right when I thought life was starting to go better, this happened.

I rushed to the hospital as soon as I found out that she got in an accident. (The hospital is a regular one and a children's hospital by the way.)

Natalie was sitting there once I got there, and she was about as worried as I was.

I sat in the waiting room with Natalie. Every second feeling like an hour. Time seemed to go by slower when you're waiting for something like this.

I grabbed Natalie's arm, needing something to hold on to, someone to hold onto. Another person that's close to Tris and Kyle.

I kept feeling like I was about to throw up, but it just went away.

"Natalie, I can't do this..."

"It's going to be okay, Tobias."

Then it struck me. Tris is the only person that actually calls me by Tobias. It's just like it was her saying that sentence, not her mother.

I burst into tears, not expecting to, and she rests her hand on back. "All we can do is pray, okay," She says.

I continue sobbing, probably looking like an absolute pansy, but I really don't care anymore.

I can't lose them. They're all I have. The doctors won't tell us anything. They won't let us see them. Nothing. All I get is nothing.

Once i get myself together a bit, I decide I need to step outside. I take a walk around for a while and decide to go back inside.