Chapter 23

Tris' POV:

"Negative," a sigh of relief escapes my lips.

Tobias doesn't say anything. He walks up to me, placing his arms around my back. I feel him breath into my hair, and I smile. "I'm so thankful that I have you even though we fight half the time," I say.

"Then let's tone the fighting down. I absolutely hate fighting with you babe," he replies.

"Me too," I mumble, turning around and leaning my face into his chest. I take in his amazing scent that I'm so used to and relax.

It's so much better, not having to think about anything. My mind can be free of all of the negative thoughts that roam my mind so terribly. I pull my head away from Tobias and look up to him with dreamy eyes.

He begins to lean down slowly, taking his time to make our lips be in contact. His lips brush softly against my own as he begins deepening the kiss. He starts to kiss me with a little more passion, slipping his tongue into my mouth.

I hear a familiar cry that I usually hear on a daily basis. I pull away from Tobias, sighing. "Sorry," I mumble and walk past him. Tobias doesn't follow. He shuts the door to the bathroom soon after I leave.

I go into the living room, seeing Kyle having a meltdown on the floor. I walk up to him and say, "Kyle, what's wrong?"

"Mommy," he whines.

"Baby, you have to tell me what's wrong," I say.

"I thought you left me again," he cries.

Again? "I've never left you honey," I say, feeling tears swell up in my eyes. The thought that he thinks that I've left him before breaks my heart.

"Last night," he sniffles.

"Honey, I didn't leave you. Daddy and I were doing something. You have to understand that we have to spend time together too," I say.

"I was scared mommy," he says as I pick him up.

"You don't need to be sweetie," I say, kissing him on his forehead. "I'm here now."

His crying begins to slow and turns into him falling asleep. I rock him back and forth at a steady beat and start to sing him a lullaby.

I feel two hands on my hips, and I gasp. "I'm going to kill you!" I shout in a whisper.

Tobias chuckles as he sees my reaction. "I love you," he says in a normal tone.

I shush him and take Kyle into his room. I lay him in his bed and kiss him once more on his small forehead. I walk out of his room and run into Tobias.

I slap him in the chest playfully, and he laughs, pinning me against the hallway wall. I smirk and our lips connect as his hand travel all over my body. "You've been awfully kinky lately," I joke.

"Because of you," he replies between a kiss.

I just chuckle and push him off of me. I grab his hand, taking him to the living room. I sit on the couch, patting beside me, signaling for him to sit down.

"When are we gonna do something fun," I pout.

"We were about to do something fun," he remarks.

I give him a blank expression, "I'm not talking about that. I want to spend time with you. I feel like every moment that we have together is just used for sex or arguing. It's just, I-I don't know Tobias. Do you even get what I'm saying?"

He nods slowly, "Is this happening again?"

"Is wha-" I cut myself off, realizing that he's talking about our break up before, "no."

"I'm so sorry," he apologizes.

"You have no reason to be. It's both of our faults for not doing anything about it," I reply.

"No, I'm talking about me. I'm sorry that I can't handle relationships well. I've never really had a good one, besides you, and I know I shouldn't use Marcus as an excuse but I am. He just, he never cared about me. My mother was just on the side, not caring also. All of the past relationships I had were all fake. I love you so much, and I know that this past month has been very rough. I try so hard, but sometimes I feel useless. I want to be with you, but I just don't get why it's so difficult," he releases.

"I don't know either," I say quietly. I feel a tear slip out of my eye and I sniff, wiping my face.

I look up and see Tobias staring at the wall in front of us. I place my hand on his leg, and he looks over to me. "We can work through this, okay?" I say.

He nods slowly as he stands up and walks away. I begin to feel my eyes spring up with tears, and I try to hold them back. I suddenly burst into tears, not being able to control it anymore. I feel a grip on my shoulder, but I shrug it off, knowing it's Tobias.

I stand up and start to walk towards our bedroom as I'm stopped by him, grabbing me and pulling me into his arms. Tobias has me wrapped in his arms tightly as I sob into his chest. My arms are pushed against his body as he pulls back, taking my hands.

"Go get ready. I have somewhere that I want to take you," he says quietly, kissing my forehead.

I look up to him. I know I look like a mess, but he's so used to it now that it probably looks normal. "I-I'm sorry. I just want to stay home," I cry.

"Baby-" Tobias begins, but I cut him off, "I'm sorry."

He closes his eyes, trying to keep his calm. I pull myself away, and I begin to walk away from him. I go into our bedroom, and I lie in the bed. I let my thoughts fly around my head as I decide to call Luke, my
cousin.

"Hellooooo?" he answers.

"Hey Luke, are you going to be around here anytime soon?" I ask.

"As a matter of fact, yes. We're coming there tonight for the show tomorrow. Is there anything you need?" he asks.

"Yeah, do you think you could come comfort me. I need someone to talk to," I say quietly.

"Yeah, of course. What about Four?" he asks.

"Most of what I need to talk about is things I'd rather not say to him," I mumble.

"Ah, alright. I'll be there around eight tonight, okay?" he asks.

"Okay," I reply before thanking him and hanging up.

a/n: dang, i wrote this chapter a while ago but i was gonna publish after i went over it & i forgot. sry abt that. well enjoy this update while you can! its short but oh wellllll

November 1, 2016, 5:33pm