Chapter 13

Tobias' POV:

Day 2 without Kyle. I mean, I love having time for just Tris and I, but I'm also missing my son a lot.

I know it sounds kind of cheesy and lame since I'm a guy, but once you become a father or mother you'll understand.

"Tris!" I yell for the kitchen to her room. "We need to leave in five minutes!"

"Okay, give me a sec!" She calls back.

We decided that we're going to grab a bite to eat then go catch a movie.

I'm so happy about the connection that we have together. I know that she feels about the same way because of the was she acts. I mean, at least I think she does.

If she doesn't then that'll really suck, but I'm pretty sure she feels the same.

Anyways, I hear Tris come down the stairs, and I look up to meet her eyes.

"Hot dang, baby," I say.

"I'm literally in sweats with my hair in a bun and no makeup," She laughs.

"Yeah, I know. Every time I see you that's what I think though," I reply.

"Aw, Tobias," She blushes.

I wink and ask, "You ready to go?"

She nods, so I guide her to the car, being a gentleman to my lady.

We decide to go and watch Allegiant. It's so funny that Theo and I look so much alike, it's almost like we're the same person or something. But who am I to talk?

Once we get to the theater we go get our tickets and go into the movie room.

"Want some popcorn or a snack or anything?" I ask Tris.

"Um, if you want popcorn too then we can share one if you want or something. Will you get me a water too," She replies.

"Anything for you babe," I smile.

------Time Lapse-----

"I really wish that the movie would've been better," Tris says.

"Me too, it wasn't that great," I respond.

"I just think all the movies aren't very connected to the books, like they are but they changed way too much," She says.

"I didn't read the books, because I don't like reading," I laugh.

"Yeah because you're a loser," She punches me in the arm playfully. "Those series are like the best book series to me though."

"Well, I'm glad that they're your favorite," I smile.

Tris turns the radio up a bit and gasps, "I love this song!"

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
When sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

After the song is over and Tris is finished singing, she says, "Iris is such a good song."

"Yeah, it's pretty good," I reply.

"Pretty good?! Are you kidding me? It's amazing! I don't care how old a song is. I still obsess over them, I love The Goo Goo Dolls." She says.

"I see that babe, calm down." I laugh.

Soon enough we get home. I look over to Tris and see that she's asleep... No wonder it's been so quiet.

After I get out of the car, I go to her side and open the door quietly. This would be a perfect time to scare her, but she looks so peaceful and I couldn't do that to her. She would be so mad at me if I did too.

I carefully unbuckle her seatbelt and pick her up softly. I shut the door behind me and start walking to the house, making every movement silent to not wake her.

I lay her in her bed, and I put the blanket over her. I give her a kiss on the forehead then decide to get ready for bed.

a/n: another chap k