Chapter 25

Tris' POV:

"You ready to go, kiddo?" I say softly to Kyle.

"What bout daddy?" his voice is calm, also.

"Daddy won't be with us for a while," I sigh.

"Why?" Kyle's voice saddens.

"We're just taking a little vacation. Daddy has work to do, so he can't go," I reply.

"Oh," his expression is pitiful.

------Time Lapse------

2 Hours Later...

Luke and the band soon arrive at the house. I take Kyle and our things and walk out the door, closing it softly behind us. Luke walks towards us, one of their bodyguards grabs our bags. I thank him and force a smile to Luke.

"You sure about this?" he asks.

I nod, hesitantly. Michael walks up to us, cooing at Kyle. "Hey little dude!" he exclaims.

Kyle points at Michael's crazy hair in amazement. "Kyle, this is Michael. How about you go with him for a little bit?" I say.

"Okay!" he agrees.

"I need to tell Tobias bye," I sigh.

"Hey, if you don't want to go, then it's fine. I understand," he smiles, yet I can tell it isn't real.

"N-no, I want to go. It's just hard. I feel like I'm just leaving him, and it's just making me a little stressed. I'm fine though. Really," I reply.

"Alright, you go tell him bye. Plus, it's only for a month unless you decide that you want to stay longer or leave sooner."

I nod, walking back into the massive house. How am I going to find him in here?

There are only a couple rooms that he likes to stay in though. The first place I go is to the living room. No sign of him. After going to room after room, I finally go into our- his bedroom.

I see him lying face flat on the bed. His chest moves steadily up and down. I walk to the side that he's facing. There are tears stained onto his face, so I grab a wet washrag. I begin to wipe under his eyes, and he stirs as I do so.

He groans, turning to his other side. "When are you leaving?" he mumbles.

"In ten minutes," I say, quietly.

"Wait, what?" he turns towards me, rubbing his eyes.

"We're about to go," I repeat myself.

"What time is it?" he asks.

"8:00 p.m.," I say.

He grabs my hand, pulling me down beside him. I don't resist, I just lie next to him quietly. He has me wrapped in his arms, warmly and comfortably. I breathe in the smell of him, and my eyes begin to close.

"I don't want you to," his soft voice wakes me.

"I don't want to either," I reply.

I look up to him, seeing tears stray his face. "Then don't," he says it so quietly that it's a whisper.

I move myself on top of him and cup his face in my hands. He wraps his hands around my back as I wipe the tears that linger on his face.