Chapter 16

a/n: im tired of stalling

10 months later...

Tris' POV:

Today's the day. The last day of physical therapy. The last 10 months have been pure misery, but they've also been so much help. I can finally walk normally again.

The feeling of walking properly is so amazing. I am literally the luckiest person on this earth, though. I don't understand why I've had to go through all of this random crap. Me, I'm just one person.

Kyle's doing great, too. He's been with Tobias every day that I've been with my therapist.

Tobias has been acting kind of strange, though. It makes me a little nervous because of how unusual it is. I just hope that he acts fine today.

Him and Kyle are coming to get me whenever I'm finished here. I can't wait to leave this place for good. It's basically all my life has consisted of the past few months. I haven't got to spend much time with my family at all, actually.

Maybe that's why Tobias has been acting so weird... Hopefully, he doesn't keep this act up.

Soon, therapy is over, and I just have to wait for Tobias and Kyle to get here.

"Thank you so much. It is so nice to walk well again after 10 months," I laugh and shake Emmett's, my therapist, hand.

"I'm so glad that I got to work and help you, Tris. You're an amazing woman, even though we've had rough days. I'm going to miss seeing you... A lot, actually. Can I be completely honest?" Emmett asks.

"Anytime," I smile.

"Most days you were the only reason that I would want to wake up in the morning. I'm not sure how I feel, Tris. I-I think I want to be with you, but I'm not sure if I want a relationship right now..." He says, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, umm, Emmett... I have a boyfriend... And a son... With my boyfriend. Plus, I don't think you're even aloud to date patients," I say, awkwardly.

"I-I know, but you won't be my patient anymore. We can make it work, trust me. You were saying that you're boyfriend was being weird, anyways. Maybe, he's about to break up with-" he cuts himself off.

My face is straight, "Maybe he's about to what, Emmett?"

"I'm sorry, that wasn't supposed to come out. I just got carried away," he says, awkwardly.

"Maybe a little too carried away," I say, in a frustrated tone.

I turn towards the door and see Tobias and Kyle walking my way. Tobias has a huge, bright smile on his face, as he says something to Kyle, whose distracted buy one of his toy cars.

Kyle looks up and sees me, "Mommy!"

He starts to run towards me, as I scoop him up and spin him around. "It's so nice to see my two boys," I smile at them both.

"Hey, gorgeous," Tobias says, as he gives me a quick kiss on the cheek.

I blush and say, "Hey, you."

I think it's pretty amazing that even the smallest compliments like that still make me blush like crazy.

I set Kyle down, and Tobias hugs me tighter than ever. I open my eyes and see Emmett looking at us. I really just want to punch him in the face. I can't believe he would say something as rude what he did.

I do kind of feel bad for him though... I feel like he's just a lonely guy, looking for someone to love him back. I don't think he's that great with girls. He just doesn't seem like the type to be. Maybe at physical therapy, but not with relationships.