Chapter 17

Tobias' POV:

"Gosh, you're so beautiful," I say for about the millionth time tonight.

"Tobias, I will hit you," Tris laughs.

"I'm sorry. It's the truth, and I can't say it enough," I reply.

"You have said it enough," she replies.

"Well... Not to me, I haven't," I say.

She just smiles at me, "Tobias, can I tell you something?"

"Of course," I respond, taking a sip from my lemon water.

"You're the best thing that I could ever ask for. I love you so much," she says.

"I know," I say, mocking the conceded people in this world. Tris smiles at it, "But I'm kidding, I love you too baby," I say.

"So, would you be up to going back to school?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" she questions.

"Would you want to go to our old high school with Zeke, Christina, Uriah, and Anisette after this?"

"Anisette?" Tris asks.

"Uriah's girl friend," I reply.

"I know, but remember what happened the first time I met her?" she asks.

"Yeah, but I don't think she's like that anymore," I say.

"Ugh, and what if they don't like me anymore, Tobias? I'm basically a psycho path," she saddens.

"Tris, we've talked about this, and it's planned. They want to see you, and you aren't a psycho path," I laugh.

She rolls her eyes, "I've been a little crazy for a while."

"You may be crazy, but you are not a psycho path. Plus, I like crazy," I wink at her.

"Stop," she laughs.

She sits across from me, playing with her straw. All I do is watch her fragile, little hands play with it. I lean my face on my hand and look up to her face. Her eyes are the most beautiful thing in the world, she's the most beautiful thing in the world.

I start to get nervous, remembering what I'm doing tonight. I've done it before, I got this. My stomach starts to churn sideways, making me feel sick. And trust me, I'm really not sure whether that's because of the nervousness or the hunger.

Our server comes out with our food, and we both thank him.

"This looks so good," Tris says.

"Not as good as you, though," I smirk.

"You're just letting the compliments flow, aren't you, Tobias?" she chuckles.

"You know it," I wink.

"Anyways, thank you. I needed this," she says, relaxing a bit.

"You're very welcome, my lady."

We say a quick prayer, and then we begin to eat. We sit and eat, with the soothing music playing quietly.

"I love you so much," I say out of nowhere.

Tris' POV:

I look up at Tobias, feeling butterflies in my stomach, "I love you too."

He smiles, "So, it's been a while since we've actually gotten to have normal conversations. How was therapy?"

"It was pretty miserable. The only reason that I'm thankful for it is because I can actually walk," I say.