Lost and Found

Name- Saphire

Age- few years younger then Legolas

Race- Elf

Relationship to Legolas- younger sister

Appearance- knee length blond hair, bright blue eyes, height of Legolas' chin

Scenario- Was taken by Orc when younger but is now found years later wandering around meirkwood, they have a celibration for her coming back party, her and her family bond after the party

~~

Saphire was Legolas' favorite sister. Well, she was his only sister. But that was what made her so special to him, and why he'd made it his personal task to protect her. Of course, he was only 25 -- the human equivalent of a twelve-year-old -- and Saphire was 20 -- a ten-year-old to the eyes of Men.

This particular day was special. But not in a good way.

Legolas and Saphire were running about in the woods playing chase. As always, they tried to stay within the boundaries their father had set. But as they continued their game, they went farther and farther into the woods; farther and farther away from the boundary. Saphire was finally able to touch her brother and run in the opposite direction. She knew it wouldn't be long before Legolas caught her, but she wasn't expecting to be grabbed so soon.

However, she quickly realized that she had not, in fact, been grabbed by Legolas, but by an Orc. She screamed as she caught sight of it and heard Legolas' surprised cry as well. But his surprise was not only that the Orc had his sister. No, it was at the large group of Orcs that stood behind their leader. He quickly pulled out his small fighting knives that he was learning to use and killed the Orc that held his sister. He then grabbed her wrist and they ran as fast as they could through the forest to their home. The Orcs were very close behind them and were quickly gaining ground.

"We need to get up into the trees!" Legolas told Saphire.

They paused shortly to get up into the tree. Legolas climbed first, being the faster and taller of the two, and then reached down to pull Saphire up. As Legolas pulled her up, though, her ankle was grabbed by one of the Orcs. Legolas cried out as the Orc yanked his sister away from him, and Saphire screamed as pain flowered in her ankle.

"Run, Legolas!" Saphire screamed as the Orcs carried her away. "Get Adar!" {Father}

"I can't leave you! We'll lose you!"

"Run!"

And Legolas ran. He ran for all he was worth. He got his father. Thranduil quickly called some warriors to him and they quickly dispatched into the forest to search for their young princess. Legolas, however, was told to stay at home as punishment for going so far out into the woods. He waited anxiously for his father to return with Saphire. But it didn't happen. Thranduil and the warriors came back empty-handed and down-hearted. Thranduil had to catch his son as the boy fell to the floor, sobbing. Thranduil felt his own tears escape his eyes as he held his child. He may never see his daughter again.

~+~

Several thousand years later...

Legolas ran through the forest with his patrol. The spiders were becoming overwhelming and many of Mirkwood's warriors were tirelessly running about the forest to rid it of the giant arachnids. 

Right now, Legolas and his patrol were nearing southern Mirkwood where the spiders and other evil things were heaviest. They killed everything in their path that was a threat to their home. When they were well on their way to the ancient fortress of Dol Guldur, one of the scouts spotted a group of Orcs running through the trees.