I Love You That Much

Legolas and Gimli were resting after a long day of running after the Uruk-hai. They sat on a log while Aragorn went to scout the surrounding area. They sat there for a while in silence, just watching the fire. Legolas had become quite attached to the Dwarf. And Gimli had become quite attached to the Elf. They sat on opposite ends of the bench. Legolas poked at the fire and looked at Gimli. He would never admit this to any Elves, but he was feeling attracted to the Dwarf. He just wondered how he could tell his bearded friend.

Bearded. Legolas thought. Hmm...

"Hey, Gimli." Legolas began, hesitating a little.

"What is it, Legolas?" Gimli asked, a little concerned for the hesitation apparent in the Elf's voice.

"How many hairs does your beard have?" the blonde asked, turning toward his red-headed companion.

Gimli was confused by the queston, but answered, "I don't know. A lot, maybe. But why?"

"I love you that much..." Legolas said, turning to look back at the fire.

Gimli, happy that the Elf returned his affection, scooted over and sat right next to him. Legolas smiled and continued to look at the fire, knowing that Gimli loved him back. And that was how Aragorn found them: staring at the fire with content looks on their faces.

~Thank you.