Heart Attack

The picture is the view from our villa😁🙌 it's a short chapter but I thought it would be better than nothing.

"No! Don't come in!" I shout once I hear Paul's voice from outside. I thought it was Jack at first when I heard a car pull up outside as Laura had told me earlier when she left the front door open that he was expecting him to come by and that once he gets here, to just tell him she's upstairs but once I heard Paul's voice shout hello I literally jumped out of my own skin. I was currently working on Paul's and Meadows Christmas present and I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I had decided to do it today because I was pretty sure he was busy today

"Ok...?" He says standing with his back turned facing the stairway. "You're not cheating on me are you?" He asks jokingly.

"Noooo!" I say. "I'm working on yours and Meadows christmas presents and I don't want you to see anything." I say running around like a headless chicken trying to move everything and put it away before he gets the chance to see.

"I told you not to get me anything." He says laughing.

"I didn't get you anything. I'm making it. Plus its Christmas, the time of giving." I justify myself. "Ok you can come in now." I say walking back across the room after shoving everything into a big cupboard. "I could of sworn that you were busy today, otherwise I wouldn't of decided to do it today."

"The meeting got cancelled so I took Mead out for breakfast and dropped her off at her cousins and thought I would come over and surprise you." He says turning me around and hugging me from behind whilst he directed me through the lounge.

"Please call me next time, I almost had a heart attack when I heard your voice." He laughs and says ok. We sit down on the couch and by sit down I mean we sprawled across it.

"Meadows decided to spend Christmas with her mom so she's going back to Hawaii on Christmas Eve and staying until just before New Years."

"Are you going as well?" I ask. I might be spending Christmas with Laura and her family because my parents decided to go on a cruise which I only found out about two days ago.

"No, I don't want to spend Christmas with Rebecca's parents, they don't particularly like me that much. My parents are going to Alaska and Ashlie, Amy and Cody are going too but I'm not sure about Caleb. I think he's spending Christmas with his wife's family." I nod.

"That sounds fun, have you been to Alaska?"

"Twice before, what are you're plans?" Paul asks me as he switches the TV on and flicks through the channels.

"Laura invited me to her parents house in Long Island, it should be nice going back to the east coast." I say.

"I thought that you were spending it with your parents?" He says as he turns his head from the TV.

"They're going on a cruise, without me, so Laura said I can go with her. Her parents don't mind seeing as I've known her forever." I explain. Her parents were probably more caring about my life than my own. Her dad was always complementing my art work and saying that I had potential.

"Why didn't you say, I would of invited you to come with me?" He says.

"I thought that you were spending it in Hawaii too." I shrug.

"Do you want to come to Alaska? Or do you think that it's too soon to meet my parents."

"I don't think it's too soon." I shrug. "Are you sure?" I double check.

"Yeah, everyone is bringing somebody so I don't want to be third wheeling anyone." He says smiling.

"Ok that sounds good." I smile back.