Chapter 8:The Truth

Whatever Saby said about me, stung. Was she just trying to show off and take Doctor G. down herself or was she telling the truth and she really didn't want me dead? I have no idea. I couldn't stop thinking about what she said. I walked into the lunchroom, I found some grapes to eat. I looked out the window. "Why not?" A shadow crept up from behind me.

I looked behind, no one. I sighed. I looked out the window and it was raining. "Why not enjoy the rain?" "Doctor G." I guess. "Wrong! Think Again!" "Saby?" I took another guess. "What in the bluebericca is wrong with you? You mean the newbie, the one who has gray hair. Her? No for pete sakes! Another thing, why did her parents give her that name?" I shrug, still looking at the window. The truth is that I didn't know if Saby had any parents at all. "Well since you are so horrible at guessing, it's Ariane". Ariane was Lane's other best friend. I turn around, Ariane was jumping from every ceiling corner to another. She was in sight now, "Do you like strawberries?" she asked me. I shake my head. "Allergic?" she asks me. "Stalker?" I ask her. Ariane and I don't exactly get along and we definitely aren't friends either. Although I never felt a pang of jealousy when she sat next to Lane or talked to him. She shakes her head this time. I raise my eyebrow and she does to.

"Do you like rain?" she asks me. Before I could answer, the lunchroom turned hot pink. "Bubblegum, Bubblegum in a dish..." a random female voice said, "Do you like the smell of rain at least?" Ariane asks me. "Really? Is that the right time to ask?" I ask her. "No but I definitely think it's necessary to ask" Ariane said. "Nobody asked you if it was necessary or not" I tell her. "How many pieces do you wish?" the female voice asks. "600" Ariane said. "Ok, you have 5 minutes to figure out how to escape this room before you both blow up to death and I'll chew you all like bubblegum!" A bubble popped up and it said "5 Minutes" "Ok, all we have to do is pop the bubble that were in" Ariane said. "How do you know? Have you been in these rooms before?" I ask her. "You mean "Rooms of Death? Then yeah" Ariane says. Ariane pulls out a needle from her pocket and starts running. "Hurry Ariane, You only have 2 minutes!" I yell. "Don't worry" she yells, her voice fading. The timer was gone. Ariane and I were back in the lunchroom. "Now that were out the room. Do you like rain?" Ariane asks me.

I groan