Chapter 17:Working Alone?

Saby and I walk home with food in our hands. "Prospector Chase should of gave us a ride home in case it rains" Saby said. Just hearing the word "rain" gives me the chills. "Should I call Ryan?" I ask her. Saby shakes her head. "I don't like that boy. He's weird and plus he thinks I could teleport him back home. Maniac. What is he a sophomore? He sure doesn't act like one" Saby complains under her breath. We walk in silence on the way to the house. Once I open the door, Mom stands in front of it. "Why are you here so late? For pete sakes it's 1:00 in the morning. Go take a shower and go to sleep. I'm not gonna ask you two again" she says. Saby and I walk in the house, drop our food off and I go in the shower, Saby waits at the door. Once I'm out, Saby goes in and takes a shower. We both have bathrobes on.

"Well what are we supposed to wear?" Saby asks. She walks into my room and scans my closet. "It's obvious. Pajamas" I say. Saby looks for some pajamas for us to wear. I wear blue and purple. She wears my gray pajamas. It's was obvious that gray was her favorite color. We went to sleep. Well I went to sleep. Saby was watching we appear to be in a room. Nothing happened so she went to sleep.

Ryan gave us a ride to school. "So how did it go?" Ryan asks me. "How did what go?" I ask him. Ryan sighs. "You collecting information about Saby" Saby looks the other way. I look at her then back at Ryan. "Not so good. All I really wanted to know is who programmed her. But I found so many other things. The only color she can wear is gray for some reason and I guess that's a rule. Something might happen" I say, my voice fading. Ryan nods. We finally arrive at school. Saby and I walk in and Ryan drives off to his school which finishes before mine.

"Hey, Lane" I give Lane a greeting. Sadly, Ariane was right next to him. The creepy girl. "Hey Vic, sup Saby" Saby nods as a greeting. "Do you guys know the Red Mites?" Ariane asks us. Saby and I nod. "Well that's who were against in about a week or so. I don't really want to ask you guys this but would you like to join the basketball team?" Ariane asks us. "Wait a sec" Saby says. Saby drags my arm around the corner of the hall. "We have to say yes!" Saby says excitedly. "Why?" I ask her. Why was she so excited to join?, I thought.

"Playing basketball is my dream. So we have to say yes. Also this is our chance to defeat Doctor G.!" Saby exclaims. "Whoa whoa whoa! Doctor G. Is coming to the school?" I ask her. Saby nods excitedly. "Fine" I say. We walk back to Ariane. "Sure we'll join your basketball team" I say boredly. Ariane nods and walks away with Lane. Lane waves back at us. We wave too.

1 week later:

At the basketball game, I was nervous. Saby was so excited. It was the Sky's vs the Red Mites. Were Sky's High School. Their obviously the Red Mites. I turned my game face on. "Let's get started, shall we?" I say. The game was on. I dribbled and pass and scored. I was taller than everyone on the Red Mites team, except for Doctor G.

They finally subbed in Doctor G. This time I needed Saby for backup in case a room pops up. The buzzer rang. "10 minute break" the bell said.

I finally found Saby. She was sitting on the bench and she was holding her leg. "What happened?" I ask her. She doesn't respond but she shows me the bruise on her leg. It was huge and it was bloody. Ariane comes over and looks at her bruise. She was the coach of this time. "I'm going to have to cut you" Ariane said. "WHAT!" Saby exclaimed. "Not literally. What I meant is you can't play the game with a bruise like that. So i'm going to have to cut you. You'll have to be on the bench and watch the game. Here's some ice. Lane will be comforting you" Ariane explains. Saby frowns and looks at me. I shrug. I guess was working alone.

The buzzer rang and the second half started. A room appeared. It was just me and Doctor G. The room was black but you could see the clear basketball court. Doctor G. was bouncing the basketball. "I injured your manager" he says. I made it look like I didn't care but I did a lot. We were circling each other. "Your such a slut. I rather have Evil Doctor Eggman hunt me down" I say. Doctor G. smiles as if it was a joke. He grabs the ball and throws it at my face and I fall down. Completely injured. "Game on" He gabled.

I was working alone...