Chapter 25: Fired From UForce

I didn't know if I was Lane's friend. But I should be taking the blame honestly didn't want to because I didn't have to. But I wanted to go back to Doctor G.' s for more information but Ryan took the car and I didn't want to wait so who did you think I had to call?

Lane.

"You still mad at me?" Lane asks me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to respond. I shrug. "If you stop talking and hurry up then I'll give you an answer" I say. I wanted Lane to drive me alone because we needed to talk about a few things and also I wasn't sure if I wanted Saby in the drive because probably she didn't want me going to Doctor G.'s.

A few minutes later I respond to Lane's question. "I'm not sure If I mad at you or not but all I really want you to do is drive me to Ross Street, Highway 7" I say. Lane smiles as if I said yes. "Due to the fact that it's 4:00 in the morning, you owe me" he says. I roll my eyes. "Like what?" I ask him. Lane shrugs. "Sorry for stealing Saby. I didn't know she was that important to you" he says. I look the other way. "She was important to me. But that wasn't really the thing. I'm mad because you guys left me out and pretty much you barely even know Saby and you two all of a sudden start dating" I say.

Lane laughs. "Jealous much?" he asks. I turn around and stick my middle finger up. "I wasn't jealous, bitch. I was mad because you guys literally went everywhere without me and you guys were having fun without me too" I say. Lane stops at a red light. He looks at me. "That's a lie. Yesterday I asked you if you wanted a ride and you said no" he says. I roll my eyes. We don't talk on the rest of the way there. Once were on Ross Street, I tell Lane to stop at the red house....Doctor G.'s house. "Stay in this car and do not move. For real and I'll call you to start the car on" I say. I get out the car and go to the front door. I look back at Lane, he stopped the car and started it back on, my phone rang. I picked up. "I'm going to the gas station to get some stuff to eat, anything you want?" he asks me. I was about to say no so that it doesn't take him a long time from the gas station but I said yes because I was really hungry.

"Yeah, bring me some Hot Cheetos and a Pinacoleada slurpee" I say, my stomach rumbling. "K" he said. He pulled out the garage lot and went to the gas station. I tried opening Doctor G.'s door but it wouldn't budge. I looked in my pajama pockets and found a needle. I stick it right next to the door knob, expecting it to open but it didn't. I stomped the floor, completely pissed off. I look everywhere on the ground, found a credit card. I picked up the card and swipe it next to the door knob. The door opened.

I grabbed the door knob slowly. The house was dark and quiet and I was completely scared from the bottom of my heart. I shut the door, afraid to turn around. I grab my slippers and take them off. I hold them. This time, Doctor G.'s laptop was in the living room on the couch. It was opened too. Shit! forgot the scroll!, I thought. But for my luck, the laptop was unlocked and it was on a folder called Victoria. My name. I clicked on the document and it said the future. I read it.

Turns out It said I was gonna have a broken leg tomorrow and I wouldn't be able to walk. Yeah right, I can barely even walk now, I thought. It also said I was gonna end up with a snake possession from Doctor G. I was too freaked out that I didn't even bother to close the laptop. I exit Doctor G.'s house and expect to see Lane's car but didn't. I was probably too quick.

I was outside and I breathed fresh air. Happy that I didn't end up screaming in the house. I turn on my phone and dial Lane's phone number. He didn't answer though. I forgot that the gas station here was a no phone policy so Lane probably purchasing stuff.

I hear a door open and close and started running. My leg hurt in the process but I wasn't going to enter a room at 4:30 in the morning. I ran all the way to the gas station, hoping that Lane wasn't already done. I kept running but stopped for some air. I start running again until my heart pops. I was so lucky because Lane's car was still parked in the gas station lots. I enter the gas station. It was so cold in the gas station that I was actually jumping up and down in public. I went to find Lane and I could see him in line to purchase the food. I go right behind him and tap his back. He turns and smiles.

"You ran?" he asks me. "For dear life" I say. "Let's hurry up and get home". Lane drops me off. "See ya later!" he says, his voice fading. I wave back. I climb up the stairs, happy I even could and open the door. I bring in my food and go upstairs and take a nap.

Only 8:30. I had time. I drank my Pinacoleada for a breakfast drink and some Hot Cheetos for breakfast. I enjoyed the Pinacoleada but put the rest in the fridge. I went to shower and decided that I wanted to go to UForce again and talk to Prospector Chase about some training lessons. Once I'm done showering, I switch on my favorite t-shirt and some shorts.

I meet Saby down in the living room. She's sitting down and eating some cereal. "Saby do you want to go to UForce?" I ask her. Saby nods. Ryan drives us off to UForce, I did realize that we were skipping school but we were only 30 minutes late so detention for an hour at least and I was ready to take a nap anyways.

We walk in the UForce and go to room 15, I didn't know why Prospector Chase was in room 15 all the time but he was. I open the door, not bothering to knock. Prospector Chase was sitting in his chair and was looking at a computer screen. "Hey Chase" I say trying to sound casual. Prospector Chase turns around in the chair. "You're fired, Saby" he said. Saby opens her mouth. "WHY!?" she asks. "You simply didn't follow one of the deadly rules and pretty much it's your fault. You don't have to worry anyway because we don't pay any of the employees here" he says. Saby was confused. "What rule did I break?" she asks. Prospector Chase sighs and clears his throat. I was surprised that a robotic scientist could do that.

"You must stay with your client at all times" he said. Saby frowns and did realize she did broke that rule. "So you're fired and Victoria is no longer your client so you're gonna have to see Ms. Shanks" he says. Saby and I turn around sadly. "Oh and Victoria?" Prospector Chase asks. I turn around, "What?"

"I'm gonna need that laptop back"