Chapter 24: A Happy Ending?

Turns out I walked to school alone because Saby chose Lane but Lane couldn't pick her up but Ryan did drop her off instead of me. By time I got to school, Saby and Ryan were at school too. Saby runs up to me and grabs my arm. Her face was all pretty and she was smiling and looked like she had a fun car drive with Ryan. Then her face became serious and mean. "Live life while you still have it" she says and then walks away.

In English class, Lane wasn't exactly in which was weird. But I did see him talking to Ms. Freckilevc earlier. Where was he?, I thought. I also didn't see Saby either. I gasp in my mouth. She ditched school with Lane! But how was I supposed to get there? The bell rang. Luckily Ariane was in my class and she knew how to drive. I run up to Ariane, my leg cracking through the process. "Ariane, have you seen Lane?" I ask her. Ariane looks at me. "Now that I think about it, no I haven't" she responds.

Bingo! I was right. I grab her arm and run outside the school. "Where's your car?" I ask her. "Why do you need my car?" she asks me. I sigh. "I don't exactly need your car. I need you to drive me to the mall because that's where Lane and Saby are" I say. When I say Lane and Saby are, Ariane had a pang of jealousy on her face. "Lane and Saby? located together?" she asks me. I nod. "Let's go!" she says. Ariane grabs my arm and runs to her car. I run to the other side and open the door and she goes to the driver side. "Gee, you must have a big crush on Lane" I mumble. Ariane rolls her eyes. She starts speeding to the mall.

Before we can even bust them, Lane and Saby walk out the mall holding hands. Ariane was struggling with her seatbelt and I lay a hand on her. "Stay here, I got this" I say and get out the car. "LANE!" I yell. Lane drops his hand from Saby. "Hey Vic" he says nervously. I roll my eyes. I just started bursting anger. "First off, back in the day I was cool with you calling me Vic but call me Victoria for pete sakes! SAY THE FULL NAME GAH DAMNIT! And another thing when did you start becoming a bad boy? Why are you skipping school for Saby sakes? She's just a girl. Not even a girl..." But I stop there. "But my best friend. My manager" I mumble.

From down on the ground I could see Saby smiling. "That's all I needed to hear. All you had to do is admit that you needed me" Saby says. She drops her bag and runs up to me and hugs me. I hug her back. "group hug?" Lane asks nervously.

I stick my middle finger behind Saby's back. Guess who was standing behind her?

Lane