Chapter 6

A/N Picture of Jax's older brother Nate Greyson

*Oliver's POV*

Nate fucking Greyson. Of all the people in this world that I hate he is in the top ten. Let me give you a little background on Nate. Nate is obviously Jax's older brother, twenty years old, in college. He has been majoring in criminology, which is basically the study of the nature or cause of criminal behavior on individual and social levels. Nate also helps the police in some cases because well, he's gonna be a detective or what not after he graduates. The police have been after the Devil's Rebels for who knows how long; and the bastard Nate helps and had almost gotten close to us but not close enough.

When I walked into the kitchen to say I was surprised is kind of an understatement. Max is the only thing at this moment keeping me sane. I wiped my surprise off my face as soon as it surfaced. I looked back down at Max and smiled. "Hey buddy how about we go wash up before we help your mom set the table?" I asked as he looked up at me.

"Yeah! Ollie go-go bathroom!" he responded happily in his little two year old voice. 'Bathroom' came out as 'bafroom.'

"Come on, I'll race you," I challenged in which he got off my feet and started running on his little legs in the direction of the bathroom. I jogged over to him keeping up with him, "Go Max go, you're almost there. Oh no! You beat me. Again Max? You gotta do track or something, jeez you almost wear me out," I said panting jokingly.

"Sowwy Ollie, I let you win next time!" he said smiling. I shook my head at him.

"If I'm going to win I have to win on my own, never let an opponent win if you can beat them"

Max stood at the sink and looked at it from his level. I grabbed the little step stool and put it in front of him so he could reach or at least be past eye-level with the sink even if he couldn't really reach the faucet. I turned the water on so if was warm but not hot where it would burn him. I pumped some soap in his hands and mine as well. I put his hands together helping him wash his hands after washing mine. I helped him put his hands under the water rinsing off the soap. He hopped down from the step stool as I grabbed a spare towel drying his hands. "Let's go back and help your mom set the table, yeah?" I said grabbing Max's hand leading him out of the bathroom.

When we got back to the kitchen Heather was making her way out of it into the dining room. She came back a few seconds later. "Heather would you like us to help set the table?" I asked looking her way. She looked up at us, smiled and nodded. She gave me a few light things to carry so I crouched down to Max. "Would you like to carry this Max? It's not that heavy, but if it does let me know and I'll help you," I said looking him in the eyes. He nodded excitedly grabbing the forks in both hands making his way towards the table. I stood up grabbing a few of the dishes with the food on it.

I set them in the middle of the table. Max was busy trying to put the forks at each plate that was set around the table. He couldn't quite hold the forks and place them on the table at the same time. I walked over to him and held out my hand, "Max, why don't you let me hold the extra forks and when you want to put one down I can give you one?"

"Okay Ollie!" he stated, handing me the forks while he place one at the plate he was at. We finished setting the table in a few minutes with the three of us.

"Max, do you want to gather the others in the living room?" Heather asked him while he nodded rabidly and ran out of the dining room. Heather sat where she usually sat and I followed suit sitting next to the seat next to where Jax sits. The rest of the family came in. Jax and his father were talking and laughing at something while Nate trudged behind them quietly. Kailee was holding Max's hand almost knocking Nate over when Max dragged Kailee past me. Everyone sat where they usually sat. Nate of course took the seat across from me. This was going to be a long, long dinner.