Chapter 21

*Oliver*

After Jax left to go shower I found myself heading to the kitchen to get some drinks. All too soon Baxton was rushing in the house the running back out still dressed in what she wore to prom, Jackson must be outside since I heard the sound of one of the vans we use for missions start and then the sound of it fading as it sped away. I walked to Mickael's office and knocked.

I entered when I heard the soft 'Come in' from beyond the doors. Mickael was looking over paperwork and had a map on one of the walls of the territories and where the new gang house would go. I shoved my hands in the black jeans I was wearing and cleared my throat a little. Mickael looked up from what he was doing and his body seemed to relax seeing it was only me.

"Hey I just saw Jackson and Baxton rush out of the house and I heard one of the vans take off, do you happen to know what that was about?" I asked leaning against one of the walls. Mickael sighed and rubbed one of his hands over his face.

"Simba found a fucking rat. Said he was telling the Syndicate god knows what," he said angrily. At the sound of the word 'rat' my body grew tense. "Simba sent Jackson and Baxton to pick him up and interrogate him. They'll bring him down to the basement and you know what they will do. I need you to keep everyone upstairs. The people in Devil's Rebels are not ready for what the Midnight Overdoze's can do, yet. But in time they will, just not right now, it's too soon."

I nodded in agreement knowing what they were capable of, I mean come on they had the King pin leading the gang it was no surprise to me however. "Who's the rat?" I found myself asking.

"Fucking Ricky, he's a drug dealer Simba told me. That fucking prick," Mickael let out a frustrated sigh. Who in their right mind would try to go against a King pin? No one. They will find out and will not hesitate to get rid of you. I gave a sound of agreement.

"Alright I'll spread the word, see you later," I said and walked out of his office. I heard the sound of the van pulling up in the driveway then the sounds of the doors opening and closing as I yelled up the stairs, "No one is to leave their rooms; interrogation will be in-progress!"

Simba led Jackson who was dragging a beat up version of Ricky while Baxton followed behind with a device in her hand that I had no idea what it did. She was always making new equipment and testing it on whoever volunteered or whoever we had to interrogate. And our interrogation is completely different from police ones.

Ours involved bloodshed and most likely a dead body. We had to do what we had to do, the Syndicate could not find out anything about us, they will use it against us.

I jogged up the stairs and before I could go to my room I collided straight into something, well more like someone. I didn't have time to grab onto them because I didn't react in time so the person landed right on their butt. The person groaned from the harsh contact they made with the floor. I looked down to see a familiar head of curly hair, still wet from the shower.

Jax.

I looked down at him extending my hand so I can help him up. I could tell he was hesitant but I didn't really pay any attention to it as I quickly pulled him up. The sudden movement surprised him because he crashed into me and his other hand landed on my chest, to keep his face from making contact. I felt my breath hitch at the close proximity.

He was still trying to catch his breath and I was as well. It didn't feel awkward at first but with more time went on it seemed to be getting hotter in the hallway. Taking a deep breath, which I immediately regret doing so since he smelled really good from the shower, I held in the groan that almost escaped and stepped back slowly releasing him from my hold.