Chapter 11

A/N Picture of Casey

*Jax's POV*

*earlier that same day*

I was so conflicted about my feelings for Oliver. He's my best friend. He's not one of those people from those stories people read about where the best friends fall in love with each other. I apparently was...did I love Oliver? I couldn't answer that question without a thousand more pouring into my rattled brain.

I groaned in frustration putting my head in my hands on my desk. It was only fifth period but it felt like it was going on forever. I couldn't tell what the teacher was trying to say today but I knew it was just about the exams coming up. Great, of course I have to deal with this shit during exams.

I was thankfully pulled out of my thoughts by a soft poking at my side. I looked up to meet a pair of twinkling brown eyes. These brown eyes belonged to Henry, a kid that usually talks to me about upcoming parties and tries to convince me to go. Let's see what he has to say...

"Hey man you look stressed" I nodded. "I know what could get you unstressed," he said raising his eyebrows suggestively. I raised an eyebrow when he was finished.

"Come on man there's only one more weekend left until finals so why not celebrate?" Typical, there are parties every weekend.

"Okay, and that involves me how?" I said even though I knew the answer.

"Well would you like to be stress free for the remainder of the day? Only reason I'm asking is that a couple people are having a get together at CJ's house and maybe this time you would like to join us?" he asked looking at me with pleading eyes.

I thought for a moment or two whether I had anything to do today, which was nothing. I looked back over at Henry and smirked. "Yea a party sounds nice, is it gonna be full blown or small?" I asked looking at him nonchalantly.

"Really man? Awesome! And nah it's only gonna be like 15 people I told everyone not to make this huge, CJ's parents would somehow know so a smaller one was better. Let's save the bigger ones for the ones that can hold them." Henry said excitedly practically bouncing in his seat next to me. "Just meet me outside of school when the final bell rings and we can go to my house to change and stuff." I nodded in response.

I did what I was told and met him outside in the parking lot after the last bell of the day and week rung. "Hey man you can just follow me, just don't get lost," Henry smiled at me cheekily. I smirked and headed for my car.

About ten minutes later I pulled up behind Henry at his house which was almost like mine but looked fancier. The inside was just as nice as the outside. It had a certain smell between cinnamon and chocolate chip cookies.

"My mom usually makes cookies every Friday for some reason, says it's to celebrate another week lived I guess, my mom has a weird sense in things." Henry told me as if reading my thoughts. He led me to the kitchen where a beautiful woman stood with an apron over her blue dress that stopped at the knees. She looked up at us and gave a warm smile. "Hello boys, care for a snack before going?"

I extended my hand for her, she took it smiling, "Hi, I don't think we've met but I'm-"

"You're Jax aren't you?" she asked curiously looking at me. I nodded confused.

"How do you know who I am?"

"Mom please we have to get ready, CJ is expecting us soon so we'll see you later." Henry said before his mom could speak up rather nervously. I gave him a curious look before being dragged away to what appeared to be his room. "Sorry about that, she's a busy person who knows almost everything I guess it's a mom thing," Henry ranted, he seemed to be really nervous.