Chapter 35 (Part 1)

*Oliver's POV*

I couldn't help but stare at Jax as he tried to get closer to me. After our heated moment, we lay in comfortable silence. I slowly ran my fingers through Jax's hair enjoying the feel of the smoothness. His hair has started growing out over the past few months since we haven't had a day where everyone gets their hair cut in the gang house. We would have a few people with clippers or shears to cut the member's hair, whether they wanted it or not, it was just a haircut day. The members had the choice to get whatever they wanted and could show a picture to the people with the clippers.

I was not able to sleep because I had a feeling something was going to happen and I couldn't afford to miss it. I had a feeling it was the middle of the night by now. I could tell Jax was fighting to stay awake, I mean I would be to if someone was running their fingers through my hair.

Suddenly, the ringtone specifically for Mickael rang throughout the otherwise quiet apartment. My eyes widened and I quickly scrambled out of Jax's hold and shot out of the bed. I heard a thump from upstairs and figured Jaxson was in the same dilemma as I was. I all but ran to the corner of the room to pick up my phone from the charger. If I didn't answer this call (or any of Mickael's calls) within three rings, he would hang up and I would not get the job or get paid that week.

I took a deep breath and answered the call, with no emotion, on the second ring as it was going into the third, "Yes, Boss."

"I need you to follow Jackson's orders, there's a situation and I am unable to be there, Simba is your temporary boss as of now," he hung up when he was finished but I didn't expect anything more from him. Mickael never liked staying on the phone to long and there was nothing more to be said so he kept is short and simple. I will know more when I talk with Jackson and Simba.

I left my phone plugged in a little while longer noticing it was 2:50 in the morning. I got changed into black jeans and a black t-shirt throwing on my leather vest which had the gang's patch on the back (the back had the gang's name "Devil's Rebels" arched at the top with a grim reaper underneath holding its fists out; across the fists the words "Game Over" are written).

I looked over at Jax and kissed him on lips then the forehead just as I heard a loud knocking on the bedroom door. I quickly walked over to the door, opening it revealing an impatient Jackson.

"Hurry up and pack a duffle bag for the week. We need to meet with Simba by 3:30 per his orders. Jax, you and Riley are in charge of the apartment and my animals for the week. Watch them and don't touch anything in the library, "Jackson said quickly. As he was saying everything I had already packed a duffle bag and we were soon heading out of the room.

We quickly made our way downstairs. Jackson stalled for a few seconds so he could pet Calypso and Ace on the head. We left the apartment rushing to Jackson's car.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 3:20. We both slid into the car at the same time. As Jackson started the car I threw my bag in the back and put seatbelt on. Jackson threw his bag in the back as well and sped out of the apartment garage building, onto the main road soon hitting about 90 miles an hour after shifting into 6th gear.

Jackson's driving is worse than mine. Regardless we both speed but now he was swerving around sharp corners and running some red lights. We soon parked in a deserted ally that seemed a little sketchy. Before I could open my door, it was opened for me by Jackson. We left our duffle bags in the back of the car.

He started walking and pulled out a set of keys to the music shop in front of us. He walked inside the door, not bothering to turn on the lights. He walked past the pianos toward the back. The walls were covered in what looked like soundproofing material. I was confused on why we were in this music shop and how it had anything to do with where Simba would be. If he's here to stall, we don't have any more time to waste.