Chapter 8

A/N Picture of Oliver's back

*Jax's POV*

It's been about a week since I met Lucian, Izabelle, Mickael and Olivia. I can honestly say that I actually enjoyed this week. I still worried about Oliver but not as much knowing he was taken care of. I could tell Mickael meant what he said about them being a family even if only some of them were related, they didn't have to be. It made me feel slightly better knowing I was a part of it even if they barely knew me because let's face it Oliver was my only true friend.

I may be the clown and flirt but that's all I was. I didn't hang out with any of those people; I didn't want to anyways, they just didn't...get me I guess I'm trying to say. Oliver understood me when no one else did. I kept thinking of when I was panicking when he got close. I never really knew why but since this week I started rethinking everything, and it scared me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Oliver tapping my temple with his index finger. We were currently just sitting on my bed watching TV. "Jax," he dragged out my name, "Are you in there?" he said tapping my temple again making me fully snap out of my thoughts. I just stared at him, his green eyes boring into my blue ones. I blinked several times, neither of us breaking contact. We were both cross legged but I was facing him, our knees touching.

I started feeling my heartbeat pick up. I scrambled out of my bed almost falling but Oliver's arms stopped me. His grip felt like it was burning me, he noticed my discomfort releasing me slightly, "Are you alright Jax?" he said still looking at me with a worried expression.

"Y-y-yea, I'm f-fine, I just h-have to go to the b-bathroom?" I stuttered making it sound more of a question than a statement. I think I was trying to convince myself more than him from that. I nodded, "Yea I haven't peed in a while, it just kind of hit me now," I finished quickly rushing out of his grasp and almost, almost bolting to the door. I took deep breaths when I got in the bathroom. After shutting and locking the door I slid down to the ground against the door bringing my knees to my chest. I wrapped my arms around my knees and started rocking.

I need to stop this. I began to breathe in through my nose releasing it through my mouth but I think that only made it worse. I heard a soft knocking on the door, "Jax, are you alright?" Oliver said softly, I heard a soft thud as if he put his head against the door. I choked back a sob that almost escaped my throat. "Jax, please, open the door I need to make sure you're okay, I know you're not, please just open the door," he said a little bit louder. I could feel the tears streaming down my face silently, what is going on with me? I never get like this when he's around but lately...lately it's been happening and I don't know why.

I reached up and unlocked the door but didn't open it. I slid away from the door and curled myself up in the corner between the wall and bathtub. I hugged my knees tightly as the door opened slowly revealing an even more worried Oliver. He sat down next to me picking me up slightly bringing me on his lap. That's when I started sobbing curling up while grabbing fistfuls of his shirt while he rubbed my back slowly.

"W-w-what i-is wrong w-with m-m-me? I'm s-so p-pathetic..." I said in between sobs which soon turned into hiccups from me trying to gain loss of breath.

"You are not pathetic Jax. Don't you ever think that, it's not true, not one bit. You are strong, smart, and easy to talk with; you are so many things Jax you don't even know..." Oliver stated softly. I shook my head tears still going down my face as I released another breath that sounded like a sob.

I felt him start to shift causing my grip on him to tighten. "Shh, I'm just making this more comfortable for the both of us," he said easily getting up with me still in his arms. He went back to my bedroom and sat on the bed. After getting comfortable he began stroking my back again, he used his other arm to pull me closer but kept it snaked around my waist. I felt my heartbeat start to slow down and breathing became a lot easier.