Chapter 9

A/N Chicken Parm they make

*Jax's POV*

"Jax I think I know what's going on with you..." Oliver's words rang through my head going this way and that. How could he know what was wrong with me when I didn't even know myself? I took calming breaths and tried to brace myself from what he thought was going on with me.

"What is going on with me Oliver?" I asked softly trying to sound strong but I knew my voice was shaky by the way Oliver trained his eyes on me; they were filled with so many emotions I could almost see them swirling around.

He looked away from me and went back to watching TV but by how unfocused his eyes seemed I knew he wasn't paying attention. "Ehh, never mind, it's not important..." he said as his eyes turned hard again.

I looked at him dumbfounded, "What do you mean 'never mind' if you know what's wrong with me, please feel free and tell me because I have no idea," I said trying to keep the anger that was surfacing from showing in my voice. He looked back at me his eyes softening.

"Really, Jax never mind. I don't even know what I was going to say, I thought I knew but I think it slipped my mind," he said with a small smile to try to reassure me. He looks so innocent right now compared to his intense hard glare he usually gives people, he almost looked broken. I gave him a small smile feeling my anger completely vanishing trying to reassure him as well.

"Is everything alright with you?" I asked showing concern.

"Yea everything is fine with me...I think," he said softly looking down. I scooted closer to him wrapping my arms around his torso trying to comfort him like he would for me. He was always the one to comfort me; maybe it made up for me patching his wounds but maybe not.

"You can tell me what's wrong, Oliver. We're best friends, I won't judge you for whatever is going through your stubborn head," I said trying to ease Oliver's tension. His body seemed to relax once I gave him another squeeze around his torso before letting go. His arms wrapped around my shoulders tightly so I couldn't move, I could only rewrap my arms around his torso to comfort him. His cheek rested on the top of my head as mine rested against his chest.

He began to shift and slid down so we were both lying down; I shifted with him so I wasn't crushing him with my body weight. We stayed like that for who know how long. I heard the front door open and close a couple of times hearing the voices of my father and mother then the running around from what I assumed was Kailee and Max. I lifted my head to find Oliver's eyes closed and his breathing shallow. A smile formed on my lips because I knew Oliver doesn't sleep that easily, he never told me why but I figured it had to do with the missions maybe.

I tried to wiggle out of his grasp so it wouldn't wake him but the second I almost got out, his arms tightened around me. I let out a soft chuckle attempting again but this time I grabbed one of my pillows and put it in my place finally slipping out of his hold. He let out a soft groan tightening his hold on the pillow and burying his face in it.

I made my way quietly out of my bedroom making sure to close the door softly behind me. I stayed a few more seconds to make sure I didn't hear anything on the other side. After hearing nothing I went downstairs to see what was going on.

Kailee and Max ran out of the kitchen into the living room probably to play with their toys or to watch TV. They got only a half hour since my mom didn't want their brains to be spoiled, as if. My mom was busy as usual making my favorite dish. Don't get me wrong all of her dishes were my favorite but her Chicken Parmesan with her noodles and that oh so special sauce was by far at the top. I made my way over to her as she was slicing tomatoes and kissed her cheek.