'Try it!' he said.

I looked at George.

He looked at me.

And for that moment, everything was perfect - until I remembered that I was fuming mad and previously on the verge of crying.

I looked away from George and out of the window instead. The sun was just starting to peak through from behind the clouds.

"Do you remember last time we kissed?" asked George.

I laughed at the memory.

"How could I forget my first kiss George?" I replied.

"are you sure?" he pressed.

"Yep George, I'm positive."

I let my mind wander, back to then...

"Hey Parker!" shouted George, jogging to meet me.

We had been at a boxing meet, needless to say I thoroughly thrashed my opponent.

"George?" I asked, spinning round to see his face.

"You did really good today!"

"Thanks, so did you."

"No seriously! That last move was epic!"

"Thanks, but I've really got to go! My mums waiting in the car for me."

"One more thing."

He lent in and kissed me.

---

"That boxing match was good." I said.

"Yeah. I don't understand why you don't do it now! All the other schools have girls boxing teams." George replied, grabbing my hand.

"I can't! They wouldn't want me anyway! What can I do? Nothing! The only thing I'm halfway good at is blocking!" I moaned.

"Excuse me!?" George exclaimed "You're the best girl I know at punching!"

"Well you try telling Coach Martin that."

"Fine. But only if you agree to try out."

"He won't let me!"

"You don't know that! Try it!" he said.

"Fine, you get coach to agree and I'll try out."

"Tomorrow morning, me and you are going to coach and then you are going to try out. Understand!?"

"Sir yes Sir!" I said with a mock salut "Now let's go and try to survive the rest of the team meeting."

---

The next morning in school

---

"Really George! He's just gonna say no! I've asked him a gazillion times!" I protested.

George was still trying to get me to try out for boxing!

"We agreed! You've got to do it! All you have to do is stand there and I'll ask!"

I sat on one of the benches outside of the coaches office.

"Fine. Knock."

He knocked and coach Harley came out.

"What do you want, Kappes?" he asked.

"I need to talk to coach Martin." George explained.

"Sorry Kappes, he's left. He decided that he didn't want to teach anymore and is currently trying to fulfil his lifetime ambition of opening a haberdashery." he replied, rolling his eyes. Obviously, he didn't think that owning a haberdashery was a suitable career.

"Ok then, who's running the boxing team?" asked Kappes.

"I am." replied coach Harley.

"Ok then, I need to talk toy you."

"Shoot."

"Can Parker join the boxing team?" he asked.

"No."

"Why?"

"She's a girl."

"And that shouldn't stop her. I've looked at the rules, females are allowed to participate in boxing against males as long as they have shown accurate skills to defend herself."

"Well, Parker hasn't."

"Just let her try out!"

"Fine. Tell her to meet me and the rest of the team in the gym after school. That includes you Kappes."

That wasn't what I was expecting.

-Can all year eleven students please file into the hall for a last minuet assembly-

My mum was using the over head speakers, it must be serious I thought.

I nodded to Kappes and we went into the hall, and got to seat rights at the back with the rest of the football team.

My mum made her way onto the stage and I saw there were two lecterns out today, meaning she was planning one of those stupid debate assembly's.

Basicly, she would chose a relevant topic and then the schools computers would chose two names at random.

"Hello. The more observant among you might have noticed that there is two lecterns out today, meaning that today's assembly is a debate one. This weeks topic is family disagreements and their place in schools"

If that wasn't meant for me I don't know what was.

"Have I got any volunteers?"

No body ever volunteered, but I thought it was just about time to change that.

I stood up.

"I volunteer." I said "I volunteer as tribute."

"Brilliant. Will you be taking for or against?"

"For."

"And do we have an against volunteer?" my mum asked.

"I will." said Neton.

Oh it'd on, I thought, it's on like donkey kong.

---

Authors note

---

Sorry it's short, I have a plan to try to get more updates up quicker. I'll try my hardest. Feel free to verbally abuse me in the comments.

Vote, comment, fan!

Please!