Chapter 29

Chapter 29:

Mao rushed over to me quietly before tugging at my hand and pulling me up. "Leader-sama-kun needs you now!" She whispered/yelled. I nodded and allowed her to pull me through the hallway to Leader-sama's office.

She knocked on the door before opening it and pulling me in. She then turned towards Leader-sama and Konan before bowing, I turned and bowed also. 

"You called for me, Leader-sama?" 

"Yes. I am sending you out on a mission. Itachi and Kisame are currently at the sand. They had gone to gather information about the new Kazekage, also known as the one tails. You are to go to the Sand and rendezvous with them. You are then to help gather information and report back in three days. Go now." Leader-sama said. 

I tensed up, I felt Mao tense up beside me also. I'm suppose to go to the Sand and spy on Gaara? And Gaara is the new Kazekage? And I'm suppose to go to the Sand? Did I hear that correctly? Well, shit. 

"Is there something wrong?" Leader-sama asked. I shook my head, Itachi told me he was going on another mission...

"I'm just confused, Itachi informed me about his mission. This is different from the one he told me about." I confessed. Leader-sama nodded. 

"I changed the mission they were on." Leader-sama explained. I nodded and then bowed. 

"I will leave after I gather my supplies. Konan, will you be able to train Mizuki when I'm gone?" I asked while turning towards hrt. Leader-sama slammed his fist on his desk making Mao jump. I raised an eyebrow at him, what's his problem?

"Mizuki is your responsibility, no one else" Leader-sama said while glaring at me, I was rather intrigued by his eyes. Though I snapped out of my traces and sighed inwardly.

"Konan had informed me that when I will be going on missions, she would put Mizuki to work. I understand that and I agree whole-heartily. Though since I will be going on missions I need someone to train Mizuki for the time being. He does what he is told to, then after he needs to train." I explained. 

Konan stepped forward. "I understand, and yes. In order for this organization to be stronger, we need each member to be strong. I've watch you and Mizuki train and I understand what he needs. Go now."  Konan said. I nodded and bowed before walking out, Mao trailing behind me. 

Once we were down the hall, Mao exploded. 

"WHAT THE FUCKING HELL?! HE KNOWS YOU JUST CAME BACK FROM THERE! MAN WHAT A TOTAL DOUCHE. THIS ISN'T FAIR. HOW WOULD HE LIKE IT IF I TOLD HIM TO GO BACK TO THE VILLAGES THAT HE DESTROYED WITH ALL THE PEOPLE HE LOVES AND CARES ABOUT AND SPY ON THE LEADER WHICH WAS HIS EX LOVER?! LIKE DAMN, HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM?!" Mao yelled. 

I watched her from the side of my eyes, not letting any emotion show. I understand why Pain is making me go, he's testing the waters. Seeing if I'm strong enough, seeing if I'm trustworthy.

"Mao, calm down. It's okay. I'm fine. When Mizuki and Sora wakes up, please explain the mission to them. Also, Ookami will explain what happened with Kakashi when he comes back. I must go now." I said before transporting myself outside. I already had everything pack, I didn't really need a lot of stuff.  

Ookami trotted up beside me. "I heard what's going on." He said while nudging my head with his. I sighed as I petted his head, my hand slipping through his soft fur. 

"Yeah, please explain what happened with Kakashi to Sora and Mao.. I'll be home soon, I want you to stay here and keep an eye on those two. Well also Senju." I said. Ookami nodded before walking towards the front door.