Chapter seven: Blood, sweat and tears

"Arrgh" I moaned as I fell to the sweaty mat beneath me. I'm really taking a beating today, that'll add to the collection of bruises I already have. "Come on, you can do better than this!" Marcus exclaimed. Rising to my feet, I steadied myself one more time, dodged Marcus's attack and then lunged in to punch him in the face. I then proceeded to knee him in the crotch and when he bent over in pain I struck him in the face with my knee, making him fall to the floor and forming a small puddle of blood from breaking his nose. Before he could get back up, I sat on the lower part of his back, put my arm around his neck and held it tightly until he signalled for me to stop. Clutching his throat and trying to regain his breath, Marcus said "you got me good today, Elizabeth. For a moment I thought you would have snapped my neck..." and tried to laugh but ended up choking. "Anyway, I think that's enough for today. Its late in the evening and I need you sharp and ready for tomorrow" he continued, I pat Marcus on the shoulder and headed back home sweaty, sore and bruised.

Once I arrived home, I acknowledged Charlie I was back home and then headed straight up to my bathroom to take a shower. I took off my clothes and stepped into to shower, turned on the hot water and watched the water run down my bruised body. The bruises were everywhere, from my ankles up to my face. Its going to be hard to explain this to people if they ask, I mean, the only people who know what I am are Charlie, Paige and Gabrielle. I got out of the shower, dried myself down and then checked my phone. I had a text from Gabrielle.

"Hey el can we meet up? xxx"

I texted back immediately.

"I'll be over straight away xxx"

I ran into my bedroom, throwing my phone onto my bed and ran over to my wardrobe and got out a clean pair of underwear. I slide into a pair of shorts and pull on a white t-shirt then run downstairs and out of the door without telling Charlie where I was going. Once I arrived at Gabrielle's house, she answered the door and gave me a full embrace then invited me upstairs to her bedroom, where she had been watching a film. We both hadn't seen each other since when we had kissed the first time, and I missed her badly.

"I missed you so much" Gabrielle said.

"I missed you more" I returned and kissed her on the head.

We cuddled for a few minutes amongst Gabrielle's duvet covers until she noticed how tired I was with my continuous yawning. "Would you like to stay the night?" she asked. I smiled, kissed her and then replied with a "yes". Gabrielle and I undressed down to our underwear and then climbed into bed. "What's with the bruises?" Gabrielle asked, stroking my skin. "training" I said before kissing her and falling asleep in her arms.