Chapter ten: Healing process

I woke up in a bright white room filled with empty and neatly made beds and barred windows. This must be the infirmary for the women. Looking down I saw that my stomach had been bandaged, but blood had still soaked through the crystal white threading, and it still hurts. I don't remember anything after arriving back at the assassins hideout yesterday, they must have nocked me out or I probably did that myself with my continuous sobbing. Either way, I don't really care.

As I tried to get up, I heard someone next to me shifting in their chair and then put a hand on my shoulder gently, "woah there, its best if you stay lying down" the person said. That voice sounded familiar, I know it wasn't Marcus because it sounded to feminine. Squinting through the bright light coming from both windows and lights hanging from the ceiling, I looked to my side and saw Paige sitting in an uncomfortable plastic chair next to my bed. She looked exhausted, I wonder how long she had been sitting there.

Paige started to stroke my hair out of my face and said "how you feeling?". Tears started to roll down my slightly blood dried face as I remembered the events of last night. I shook my head and wiped my eyes then looked up at Paige, "apart from being stabbed and punched in the face, nothing hurts as much as loosing him" I said, referring to losing Charlie. Paige held my hand in hers and says "it'll be okay, El. It's a big lose to anyone who knew as close as you did. But you mustn't drag yourself into a life long of misery. Charlie wouldn't have wanted you to give up on everything because of this. He would have wanted you to keep fighting and make him and your parents proud".

I looked up at Paige and nodded, "now get some rest okay?".