Chapter twenty six: When words become the truth

"You should take a break, get some sleep maybe" Alexa said as she looked out on the road ahead. I put my phone back in the pocket of my leather jacket and slumped back in my seat, it must have been a hundred times I have called Gabrielle's phone but there was no answer, I even called the home phone a few times. "How can I when I find out that my girlfriend has been bloody taken?" I said as I stared out the window with my head resting on my hand. As we passed under neath the street lights I kept catching glimpses of Jacobs blood that had soon dried on my face, I didn't even recognise myself there was so much of it.

It took us an hour to arrive back at my house, as soon as Alexa had made the car come to a stop I lept out the car so fast that she couldn't even get one word out. I ran up the driveway and burst open the front door, "Gabrielle?" I called out but there was no answer. This time I called out a little louder whilst I walked quickly around the house. I got out my phone and began to call Gabrielle's phone again and seconds later I could hear the familiar tune of her ring tone. I headed in the direction the ring tone was coming from and found it lying on the floor in the kitchen. "Fuck!" I shouted and ran out the house back to Alexa in her car. "She's not there" I cried before putting my head in my hands. Alexa started the car and put her hand on my shoulder "put your seat belt on" she said as she turned to look back out the windscreen.

• • •

I was once again sat in the same leather chair I had sat in the last time I was here only yesterday. Everyone was here in the room discussing what we needed to do. It's all too much at the minute, I wasn't really listening to most of it because I can't stop thinking about what might be happening with Gabrielle, wherever she is. There's talk about small teams going to go looking for those low lifed bastard Templar's and get Gabrielle back, I can tell why they wouldn't want to send me. I kinda fucked up the last time I tried to save someone, I would be emotionally unstable and I'm not safe any way as these Templar's are literally after me and this is their way of drawing me out to catch me, like a person teasing a mouse with cheese and I'm the mouse.

After a few more minutes of discussing what was going to happen, everyone returned to their seats after standing around a large table on the other side of the room. During the whole time everyone was discussing the plans, Alexa kept on glancing over to me occasionally. It kind of made me feel a little uncomfortable, I felt like I might have been scrutinised but maybe she is just generally concerned. Almost everyone in the room has now laid eyes on me, if they weren't still over at the table. "Elizabeth, to save us the despair of possibly losing another of our own kind or a dear one to them, we have decided that you aren't going to be going with the small groups we have organised to go find the location of Gabrielle, due to what had happened when confronted by Miles" Veronica said leaning forward with her hands entwined.

"We have decided that because of that incident, you will be to emotionally invested over the situation. The Templar's have also done this for a reason and so we think that you are also very unsafe being in your current home, even with Alexa to kept watch over you as that will only be 2 people who can fend for themselves and for each other. So Alexa has agreed to take you under her wing and let you stay with her until the food festival next week, which will also be when a team of us, including you, will trail the Templar master and find out where their specific location is" Veronica continued. Alexa then walked over to the door and crossed her arms as if waiting, "you should be safe at Alexa's place as we have made sure that she is not know by anyone else apart from us" Marcus said looking over to me from his arm chair.

So that would explain why I never used to see her when I first came here. I guess they or she didn't trust me enough yet and think that I wasn't legitimately the daughter of their 2 greatest assassins and also because they didn't know me at all. Well maybe apart from Marcus because he had stormed into my house at some point earlier on this year and asked Charlie if he had broken the news to me that I too am an assassin like what my parents had been.