Chapter twenty seven: When the time comes you'll be ready

I woke up to find that I was back in my bed again, well the spare bed anyway. My glass of water that I made during last night was also by my bedside table. I don't really remember how I got back to bed after Alexa found me crying in her living room last night. Did she carry me to bed or did I just take myself to bed? Either way, I don't really care just as long as I actually got some sleep. I sighed and whipped the covers off of me and sat up. There was a knock on my door and so I got up to go answer it, "Morning... Umm I came to check if your were up yet" Alexa said as she looked over to my messed up bed and then to my bed hair. "Anyway" she continued, "we need to head over to the HQ, Marcus wants to go over some training with you before we go out on a mission later today".

"But it's 6am" I grumbled still tired from last night. Alexa grabbed the door handle to my bedroom "I'll see that you're dressed in 5 minutes" she said as she closed my bedroom door. Giving out a short sigh I walked over to the pile of clothes that I had unpacked and picked out a simple pair of black gym pants, a slightly loose grey t shirt and then put on a pair of white trainers I picked up whilst in a rush to grab clothes back at my house. Whilst looking around the bag I had brought, I found a hair band that I didn't know was in there, as well as my hair brush which was the main objective. Brushing my wavy mess of a hair with my brush, I tied my hair up ready for when I have to go to the gym where I'll meet Marcus. I opened my bedroom door and walked over to Alexa who was already waiting by the front door of the apartment, "good you're ready, let's go" she glanced up from her phone.

• • •

Alexa and I parted ways once we arrived at the assassins hideout, she made her way over to the master assassins office to get info on our mission later today whilst I made my way over to the gym in the training rooms to meet Marcus. Once again like always Marcus was late, so I decided on using this time by working out to get my muscles warmed up for when Marcus eventually does decide to turn up, and to keep my mind off of these current situations I have been moping about. I started on the running machine at a jogging pace for 10 minutes to get my heart rate up before moving on to the weights for another 10 minutes. Only when I had finished did Marcus show up not even bothered about how late he was. "Ah I see you started without me" he said walking into the gym and dumping his bag on the floor.

I wiped my already sweaty forehead and then placed my hands on my hips "you were late so I thought I could get started to take my mind off of things" I replied. Marcus nodded his head knowing what I meant and then clapped his hands together "right! well since you've already begun the work out at least let me join in to get warmed up too" he said before walking over to the weights. I nodded my head then began to stretch my arms across my chest and over my shoulders. I joined Marcus in lifting weights for a few minutes before he stopped to walk over to the punching bag near the corner of the room, "I think we've warmed up enough" he said patting the punch bag "now let's see what you got" he said as if signalling me to hit the punch bag.

After putting on my gloves I stared at the punch bag and tried to channel my inner rage. Marcus liked it when I went off the rails because that is when I'm at my strongest. I closed my eye's and thought back to the last mission that I went on with Marcus and Alexa which was literally last night, back when I was told by that bastard Jacob that my girlfriend had been taken from my very home. I could feel my hands start to shake at the thought of anyone hurting her, soon after my breathing became raged and I couldn't hold back any longer. I swung at the punch bag startling Marcus a little with my sudden movement, his face soon turned into a smile. But I didn't stop there, with every image that popped into my head of another man or maybe woman putting their hands on her I swung harder and harder each time. Then the thought of my parent's came to mind. Why did they have to die!? Why did they have to go on that stupid mission!? Why did they have to take my parent's and girlfriend and charlie away from me!?