Chapter twenty two: Surveillance is key

"Well I see you're glad to see me. Nice gown by the way" Alexa said with a slight hint of sarcasm. I heard Gabrielle move around from upstairs, will it be awkward if she see's Alexa? I mean, I haven't actually mentioned about her to Gabrielle. Does Alexa even know I have a girlfriend anyway? and would she find it weird or put off maybe? "And to answer you're question, I noticed that you were taken to the hospital. You do remember it is my duty to keep you safe under my surveillance right?" she said crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow, a smirk beginning to appear on her lips. Does she find me funny or some sort because she is really confusing me with her actions. I've only met her once before, so I don't really know what she is like as a person. "And from my surveillance... I've seen some interesting things" Alexa said mischievously, her smirk growing bigger and bigger until it was a grin. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped as soon as I realised what Alexa was talking about. "You... watched.. us??" I said stunned, and now her grin became a smile, it was kinda cute. This is embarrassing "I guess you had a bag of popcorn whilst you watched, didn't you?" I said a little embarrassed but mostly agitated and annoyed, talk about invading personal space or something like that.

"Watched what?" Gabrielle said coming down the stairs, her too covered up in a dressing gown. My head jerked in Gabrielle's direction "um nothing" I said and then turning to Alexa with a look to tell her to keep her mouth shut. She looked back at me with a smirk and nodded her head, Alexa walked up to Gabrielle once she had reached the bottom of the stairs and introduced herself "I'm Alexa, a friend of Elizabeth's". I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms and laughed a little "you don't need to play the friend act, Gabrielle knows I'm an assassin already" I said slightly sarcastically to Alexa. Alexa looked at me with slightly wide eyes "oh okay, well this makes it easier I guess" she said before straightening herself up. "Would've been nice to make at least one friend..." I heard Alexa mumble under her breath. Wait, does she not have any friends? not even one? I didn't think that being an Assassin was that lonely. I guess with her sitting up on a rooftop all day watching my every move, she probably can't.

The three of us made our way to the kitchen and sat down at the dinning table. Alexa laid her hands out on the table in front of her, fingers crossed with her thumbs tapping against each other in a out of tune beat. I took a seat in front of Alexa and Gabrielle took a seat next to me on my left. "So you didn't tell me why you were taken to the hospital" Alexa said with her eyebrows raised in a serious matter, wanting me to tell her the reason why. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed, having being a little wary and annoyed of having to make the effort of explaining. "I blacked out" I said resting my head on my hands, Alexa nodded her head "okay" was all she said. Alexa then reached down into a small messenger bag she had put down the floor besides her and pulled out a file that was about an inch thick. "These are for you to read, they're your missions for when you return tomorrow morning" she said handing me the inch thick file "read them carefully, this could save your life at some point when we get down to business".

I began to look through them, skim reading each page. They were the supposed templars I'm meant to kill by the looks of it. There were about three templars, two of them though looks like they were smartly dressed but with evil looking faces, they were photos taken at a distance. The last one however, didn't have a picture or even a name. "You are responsible for finding out who the templar master is" Alexa spoke up, observing me studying the page. "But how am I meant to do that?" I said confused, Alexa shrugged and stood up from the table then retrieved her bag from the floor "that is for you to find out" she said before making her way to the front door and leaving. I sighed and ran both my hands through my hair, this is going to be hard. How does she expect me to find out who the templar master is? I'm not capable of this.