Chapter eleven: One down, two to go

Still a little limp from my stabbing, I made my way slowly from the women's infirmary to the master assassins office, where I had first met Veronica, Flynn and Chase. Once again, the three masters and Marcus this time had stopped the discussion they were having when I walked into the room. I took a seat next to Marcus, opposite the three masters. All four of them had a look of pity when looking at me. I sighed "it's okay, I'm a big girl I can handle it" I said looking at each one of them. Flynn cleared his throat "we were just discussing your bravery when taking down Mr Sterling" he said. "oh I would call it more like anger" I said immediately afterwards. Veronica cleared her throat "Elizabeth, we are quite aware of that.." and Flynn, Chase and Marcus nodded in response.

Marcus shifted in his seat so he was semi facing me and also the three masters, "with only one week of training, you somehow impressed me and the rest of the clan with how you managed to deal with situation you were under and managed to get away alive. And that is why I think you are ready to gain the use of the wrist blade" Marcus said, looking at the three masters for approval. The three masters nodded, then Marcus got up from his chair and made his way to a cupboard nearest to his chair and pulled out a wooden box. Marcus then walked back over to me and opened the box, revealing a silver wrist blade inside. "This was your mother's blade, so hopefully it will fit well" Marcus said applying the blade to my wrist. "Perfect" he said looking up at me, "now try flicking your hand backwards, the blade should then slide out" Marcus continued, standing clear of my blade.

I bent my hand backwards and the sharp blade slide out immediately, "she's ready" Chase said with certainty.