Chapter fourteen: Waking up

Soft small breaths blew onto my face in a calm rhythmic pattern. I opened my eyes slowly to try and not blind myself with the small light that came from the window. Gabrielle's face was inches away from mine, resting on the edge of the pillow next to me, her left arm was underneath her pillow and right arm was wrapped around my waist. The sun coming through the curtains laid a beam of light over her soft skin on the side of her face and lit up parts of her golden blonde hair. She looked beautifully cute and it filled me with an urge to kiss her. I moved my hand from her waist underneath the duvet and moved the strands of hair that had fallen into her face and tucked them behind her ear and then kissed her forehead.

I noticed a change in her rhythmic breathing pattern and when I was about to move away, Gabrielle wrapped her arms and legs around me and kissed my neck. Laughter broke out from the both of us as she positioned herself on top of me. "Well good morning" I said with a grin that stretched from ear to ear. "Good morning beautiful" Gabrielle said as she bent over to kiss me. I watched Gabrielle's hands move from my thighs and up my body, and a mischievous grin appeared on her face. She's going to do it.

Gabrielle bent over and kissed me on the right side of my neck and in a sudden move she started to tickle me, causing me to squirm underneath her. Gabrielle started laughing and continued to kiss my neck "no stop! I'll wet myself!" I called out, but we both kept on laughing. I grabbed Gabrielle's waist and pushed her to the side of me and then sat on her panting. She had a grin that went from ear to ear and it was beautiful. I bent over and kissed Gabrielle on the neck "you have a beautiful smile" I said, fiddling with Gabrielle's golden blonde hair.

Gabrielle put her hands on my hips "and you have a beautiful body" she said toying with the top of my pants. And just when I thought we had finished the tickle fight, it started again. Gabrielle tipped her body to the side, causing me to slide off of her and land in the space beside her and began to tickle me all over again. I screamed immediately when she hit the most sensitive spot and I tried to push her off again. I grabbed hold of Gabrielle's hands and pushed them downwards away from my sensitive spots "I will seriously wet myself" I giggled.

Gabrielle finally stopped tickling me and wrapped her arms and legs around me once I sat up. She still had that massive grin across her face. "How are you so energetic when you have just woken up?" I asked rubbing my eye a little. Gabrielle giggled "it must be because you are here, and I get to see your face" she said putting her hands on my cheeks. Gabrielle rested her head on my right shoulder "how long will it be until you have to go back and fight?" she asked. I could feel her breath on my neck "well since I was stabbed, they said I needed a few days to rest. And I thought that I could spend these few days off with you" I said looking down at her. Gabrielle smiled and kissed me on my neck "that's fine with me. Just promise me this though, come back to me in one piece okay? I don't like seeing you hurt" she said taking her head off of my shoulder. I smiled and kissed her forehead "I promise".