Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

Dakota was shoving all her favorite foods in the buggy and it was funny. She's like a little kid. "Can I get this? Please? Ill love you forever!" She asked playfully. "Only if you do your chores and keep your room clean, then yes." I said firmly. This old lady passed us and gave us a weird look. We busted out laughing as stuck the pop tarts into the buggy.

"Pickles!" I exclaimed while running and getting a large jar of them. Pickles are my favorite food. I told Dakota to hop in so she could sit in the buggy. She did and we went up and down every isle and when she wanted something she grabbed it and put it on her and I'd grab something and chunk it at her. We got stares and laughs, but this was us. Two crazy ass best friend's. God, I loved this girl so much. I would take a bullet for this girl and not that leg or arm shot shit. She was my family because I didn't really have support from my family when I wanted to move out at 16, but when you're around constant fighting and you're parents are throwing divorce around every minute and you have a 11 year old sister who's just as terrible, you'd do anything to leave. Luckily, I had Dakota. She is my other half. We are attached at the hip.

I grabbed a bag of chips and put them in the buggy. Going to the checkout line would be interesting to see the people's faces around us when Dakota had to get out of the buggy.

I'm glad that I got a rental car before we got to the store because this would not fit in a taxi. We payed for our groceries and loaded them into the small car. I wish I had my tuck right now. Yes, I have a truck, I'll always be country at heart and in Texas, we drive trucks. My mom was sending it here on this ship.

We just had to go to the ship docks and pick it up when it comes in a couple of days. I got in, started up the vehicle and almost left Dakota because I forgot that she was putting up the buggy. I stopped, let her in and drove off back to the apartment.

-EDITED-