Chapter 50

Chapter Fifty

"Another."

I motioned the bartender to send another drink my way and I took it down in one swig. I looked around the pub and there wasn't that many people here. Some playing pool, some drinking away like me, and others having a smoke. It was dark and gloomy in here so I could hide in my own presence. I took down one more vodka shot and two more whiskey shots before I slowly stumbled a little out the door. When I got outside the light and heat hit me in the face. I walked back to Falyn and I's flat because it wasn't too far down the road. I knew that she wouldn't be home for another day or two, so I would just hide out there drinking away. She didn't want to be around me. She wants to be alone so I'll leave her alone.

Falyn's POV

I walked back into the hospital and up the elevator to my room. I walked in and it was only Dakota and Brynli. Dakota told me Niall went to get food and Brynli was asleep. I sat down on the bed and pulled my knees up to my chest while letting out soft sobs. I felt the bed sink and I knew I had my best friend to cry with.

"I just don't know what to do with him anymore. We make a break through but then shut each other out after it. He pushes my buttons and I push his. I love him, I really do, but it hurts like physically hurts my heart having this much love for him."

I was really letting it all out on her shoulder. Dakota kept saying calming things and rubbing my back.

"Shhh. It's all going to be alright. I'm sure something will open his eyes and he'll come to his senses. But you do need to sleep and Brynli doesn't need to be woken up again. Lay down and before you know it it'll be tomorrow and you'll be ready to come home! I'll go by your apartment tomorrow morning and check on everything. Goodnight my love."

Kota slowly faded away out of the room, switching the light off and shutting the door. I looked over to the clock on the table, it was now six and I had a throbbing headache. I searched the room for my bag and in it I found some medicine. I took four of the pills, which is too much but I had a bad headache and I just wanted to sleep, I went and laid back down. I waited ten minutes before the pills kicked in and then my eyes shut, awaiting for tomorrow.

***

I woke to the sound of birds chirping and music lightly playing in the bathroom. I got up checking on Brynli, she was still asleep. I'm so thankful that my baby doesn't wake up in the middle of the night and keep me up til the morning. I looked at my phone and it was nine in the morning. I knocked on the bathroom door and Kota opened it, wrapped in a towel. I giggled and came in investigating what she was doing.

"I know what you're thinking. I did fall asleep at my own place, but I woke and Niall was gone off running errands, I didn't want to be lonely, so I came here and I looked ratchet as fuck so I took a shower. Now, I'm putting make up on and I need a little help with my hair!"

I just shook my head and giggled even more. My crazy best friend. She was always this way, she couldn't be lonely for more than five minutes. I was always there so she was never alone. I looked at her hair and she did need some help. She had thick brown hair that came a little further than her shoulders and it was hard to tame. I always wished I had her hair and she always wished she had mine. I don't know why, my hair was thin and blonde. Nothing special. On the other hand, Kota's hair was full and had a dark chestnut color. I loved it.

"Falyn?"

I snapped back to the present and she looked at me puzzled.

"What?"

I guess I had gone off thinking.

"I asked what you think I should do with my hair?"

I looked at her hair and tapped my finger on my chin. She laughed trying to read what I was thinking.