Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen

I pulled up to the front of our flat and was about to get out to go inside but then stopped when I heard faint snoring. I looked over to see a sleeping Dakota. She looked so peaceful that I didn't want to wake her, but I couldn't let her sleep in the truck. After five attempts of waking the beast, I some what dragged her up to our flat and threw her on her bed. She moved around a little and let out a quiet whimper.

I slowly closed her door and went to the kitchen. I stuck my purse on the counter and went to grab a drink from the fridge so I could clear up my dry throat. Once I drank my water, I turned off all the lights, it being 10:50 at night, and left to Harry's. On the walk over, I thought of the things we needed to talk about and what I would say and I tried to stay calm, but I was terrified.

I walked up to his door and grabbed the handle, but froze. I wasn't sure whether to talk with him or make a mad dash for it. After a couple seconds of debating, I started turning the handle.

Once the door was opened, I looked around to find the place lifeless. I lightly closed the door and searched around. Nobody was in the living room or kitchen, and then my eyes led over to the two doors in the hall. One was the bathroom and the other was Harry's. No light was present under the bathroom door so I proceeded to Harry's room. I quietly knocked on his door but got no answer. I opened the door a little.

"Harry." Still no reply. I gently pushed the door open, peered around the room and then to the bed. There he was, asleep on his back, spread out across the bed. I grew a little grin and thought about how adorable he looked lying there asleep. I walked over and sat next to him. I didn't want to wake him but he was the one who wanted to talk. I shook him a little but he didn't wake up.

"Harry wake up."

I shook him a little more, but to no surprise, he still didn't wake up. I sat there thinking whether I should keep trying or I should leave and have our talk tomorrow. I decided on letting him sleep. I got up and reached the door but stopped when I heard a deep, raspy voice speak.

"Falyn?"

I turned around and saw Harry leaning on his elbows.

"Hey, sleepy head." I faintly smiled. Harry patted a spot next to him on the bed; I took that as my cue to sit. I walked over to him and slowly sat down on the bed.

"I don't bite."

I let out a little awkward laugh and then the silence began to kill me. There was no sound, for about two minutes before we both spoke out.

"Har-"

"Fal-"

We both laughed a little.

"You can go first." I said motioning for him to talk.

"Okay. I just want you to know that I'm sorry. I know why you're mad at me and I don't blame you. I should have never said that, I had no right and if I could take it back, I would. I'd take back what I said. I'd take back hurting you. I'd take back losing you." Harry said with a dissapointed expression.

"You didn't lose me." I said looking at the ground, it being oh so interesting at this time.

"I didn't?" Harry's head popped up. When I looked up, I saw a little hope in his eyes that I was still his. "No. I may be angry with you for awhile but I could never stay mad with a face like yours." I flashed a cute smile, trying to lighten up the mood. Harry smiled and pulled me into a comforting hug. I sighed in relief but still couldn't shake the feelings I was having. I haven't been hugged like this in a long time, even then it wasn't this protective and comforting.

"I love you, Falyn." Harry's words came out so smoothly, like he was so sure of himself. Before my brain could answer, my heart did.

"I love you too, Harry." His eyes lit up with excitement. I flashed him a small smile and was then wrapped into another hug. I cuddled into Harry and let so many thoughts run through my head. Some were scary; some were not.

Why would you say that?

He really means it.

No he doesn't, he's only trying to get into your pants.

Harry's not that kind of guy.

He could be.

But he said he loved me..

-EDITED-