Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Jacob's POV

I lay awake at night thinking about all the recent fights I've had with Karman. Am I just being an idiot? I mean I should be cancelled with Livvy because it was Karman's birthday and we have been dating for a pretty long time. I know that Livvy doesn't know that we are still together, but I could've came up with something to get me out of it. But then she would've thought that I had actually thought about it and that I didn't want to be friends with her anymore. I really do want to be friends sith Livvy, but I hate that it's the bet that is making me talk to her. I wish I could just call it off and just tell her about it, but then she'd probably hate me for agreeing to do that in the first place.
And Livvy, she's been the reason Karman and I have been getting into all of these arguments. Could it be that Karman is jealous of the fact that I have been spending so much time with Livvy instead of her? Of course it is, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
But what about Karman and Issac? They both say that they've never kissed and yet Livvy told me that she saw them kissing. Livvy would never lie to me. She's not that kind of person. Her parents raised her better than that. Well I guess mine did to but oh well. What if Livvy is just trying to see if Karman and I actually broke up by telling me that she saw them, when she really didn't? That also doesn't seem like something Livvy would do, but I guess people change.
I just guess that I can't fully trust anyone anymore, and that I have to try and figure everything out.
***
I wake up the next morning and look at my clock. It's only 8:27, I hardly got any sleep last night. I could only think of Livvy, Issac, and Karman. I don't know about any of them anymore.
I look at my phone and realize that Karman and I haven't talked for a couple days. I need to talk to her and apologize for everything. I need to go out and buy her something expensive so maybe she'll actually forgive me.
I get dressed, grab a bite to eat, brush my teeth and head out to the jewelry store in town.
I look around for a little and then I find the perfect gift for her. It's a silver chain with a diamond pendent hanging there.
"How much for this?" I ask the man behind the counter.
"$500." He tells me.
It's a good thing I work or else I'd never be able to afford this.
"Do you take debit?" I ask and he nods.
She better like it or else I just spent $500 for no reason.
***
I hear a knock on my door and know that it must be Karman. I rush down the stairs and open the door.
"Hey." I say awkwardly.
"Hi." She responds rudly.
"Come in. We can go up to my room." I tell her.
"Whatever you want."
We walk up the stairs silently and I go sit on my bed. She walks in and sits on the chair across my room.
"I got you something." I tell her and pull out the little gift box.
I walk over and give it to her and she doesn't open it.
"You can open it you know." I say and chuckle.
So she does, not making eye contact with me. When she sees it her face drops even more.
"You don't like it do you?" I ask.
"No I love it but this is exactly what you were complaining about infront of our friends the other day."
"What do you mean?"
"Spending money on me. This probably cost about $500 and that's a crazy amount of money to spend on my especially when you were complaining about spending money on me."
"Well I needed something that would make you forgive me."
"I can't take this Jacob. Just take it back to the store."
"Karman you do know that I'm really, really sorry."
"It's fine."
"No it's not I should've hung out with you on your birthday instead of Livvy. You're my girlfriend and she's just a girl who I was friends with a long time ago."
"Jacob, just drop it. I forgive you okay? We'll just start over and pretend that nothing has really happened between us."
"Okay of that's what you want."
"Jacob."
"Yes Karman?"
"I do love you, like a lot."
"I love you too Karman."