Chapter 27

Chapter 27
Livvy's POV

We all sit silently in Kristin's living room with the lights off. There's gotta be at least 20 of us in here I don't know how we're all fitting.
"Guys I just got a text from Troy and they're just down the road." Exclaims Talia.
Just then we hear a car door slam closed followed by footsteps leading up to the door. Keys jingle as Kristin unlocks the door. Her and Troy step inside and she turns the lights on.
"SURPRISE!" We all shout and jump up.
By the look on Kristin's face you can see that she is truely surprised.
"Holy crap guys! You almost gave me a heart attack." She says causing everyone to laugh. "Who's idea was this?"
"Livvy's." Alex says quickly before anyone else can take credit.
Kristin walks over to me and embraces me in a bug hug.
"Thanks so much Livvy. You're a great friend." Kristin says and I hear Angel snort.
"Anything for the people I care about." I say and she pulls me into a tighter hug.
She backs away and goes back to the doorway.
"Thank you everyone for coming. This is the best birthday surprise I could ask for." She tells us.
Everyone starts mingling with each other as Kristin goes around giving everyone a hug and thanking them for the surprise. People give her her gifts and she puts them all neatly in a corner in her living room.
I sit quietly on the couch, fiddling with my phone. Being an introvert sucks sometimes. You get into a group setting and you just feel like you're drowning because you don't have the social skills to talk to anyone. But anxiety also helps with the not being able to talk to people part.
I keep turning my phone on and off deciding whether or not I should text Jacob. I mean I could invite him over here and then I could have someone to talk to since I lost Alex in the sea of people a little while ago.
I unlock my phone and decide to message him. I mean what harm could come with that?
To: Jacob :)
Bored! Come save me XD
I send the message and turn my phone off, but not for long since I get a reply from him rather quickly.
From: Jacob :)
Where are you?
To: Jacob :)
At a surprise birthday party for Kristin XD
From: Jacob :)
So you just can't socialize with anyone is what you're saying?
To: Jacob :)
Maybe :3
From: Jacob :)
Aha I know you Livvy :p
To: Jacob :)
Oh do you now? XD
I send that message and wait for a response but never get one. 15 minutes pass and I know that he isn't going to be texting me back. I slip my phone back into my pocket and look outside.
I just sit there and watch as stars begin to come out, looking kinda like little fire flies in the sky.
I look over to the sidewalk and spot someone. They look familiar. I take a closer look and realize that it's Jacob and that he's walking towards Kristin's house.
I quickly get up and go to the door and throw on my flats and my coat. I walk outside leaving the noisiness of the party and out into the peacefulness of the night.
"What are you doing here?" I ask Jacob as we get closer to each other.
"I had to come see you." He tells me and I look at him.
He looks tired and his face looks like he's been trying to cry but he's been holding it back.
"What's wrong Jacob?" I ask and he sighs.
"Can we sit down?" He asks and I nod.
We walk over to the little bench that sits in front of Kristin's house.
"What's up?" I ask and grab his hands in mine.
"I did something bad, without even trying." He tells me and I give him a puzzled look.
"I don't understand what you mean I tell him honestly.
"Livvy?"
"Yes Jacob?"
"You can't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you."
"I won't, I promise." I give his hands a squeeze.
"You can't be scared off by it either."
"Well you're scaring me just by not telling me."
He looks up at me and a single tear runs down his cheek and I quickly wipe it away with my thumb.
"K - Karman is pre - pregnant." He stumbles over his words.
"It is - is it yours?" I ask and he just nods while looking down.
"We only had sex once. And now because of that one time we both have major consequences."
"Does that mean that we're done then?" I ask and that's when I notice that I have tears rolling down my face as well. No one should have to go through this at such a young age.
"I don't want us to be over Livvy. I like you a lot."
"I like you too Jacob." I tell him and he looks up.
"But I have to take responsibility for what I did, I have to be there for Karman. We both caused this so we should both have to deal with the consequences."
"Then you should be there for Karman. You can just forget about me if that's what you have to do."
"You're not going anywhere, I still want to be with you, I just will need to be a father when this baby comes."
"I understand." I say.
"But you're my girl and I want you to be here for me. If you can't do that, then I understand."
"No, Jacob! Of course I'll be here for you." I say and move closer to him.
"Thanks Livvy"
"Anytime Jacob." I say and he leans his head onto my shoulder and starts crying.