Chapter 29

Chapter 29
Livvy's POV

I sit in my room with Alex, both of us in huge baggy sweaters and the comfiest of sweatpants. We lie in silence as we watch Friends reruns on the TV, her sitting against the wall and my head in her lap. Just then my phone vibrates. I look at the screen and see that I have a message from Jacob. I can't help but smile and I know that Alex notices.

"What's got you so happy?" She asks me. "Is it Jacob?"

"Yes." I respond.

"What does he want? We are having a lovely lazy night."

I look at my phone and unlock it to open the message.

From: Jacob :)

Wanna go on a date tonight?

To: Jacob :)

I'm hanging out with Alex, sorry

From: Jacob :)

That's okay you can bring her too, since I'm with Beau right now

"Alex, Jacob is with Beau right now and they want to hang out with us." I tell her and her mouth opens wide.

"Like a double date or something?" She asks me and I shrug.

"I'll ask him." I tell her and go back to my phone.

To: Jacob :)

On like a double date??

From: Jacob :)

If you guys are up for it

To: Jacob :)

Ya, sure, we'll be ready in an hour :)

From: Jacob :)

Okay we'll be there in an hour ;p oh and wear something comfortable

I hadn't registered what I had just agreed to until I looked down at my clothes.

"Alex, we're going on a double date and they're gonna be here in an hour! We need to get ready, and fast!" I tell her and we both jolt up.

"Livvy, what have you done to our comfy night?" She asks and I laugh.

"Hey, he did say to wear something comfortable." I say to defend myself.

"Leggings it is!" She exclaims and runs over to her dresser.

She tosses me a pair of colourful print leggings and a long sleeve white shirt. She looks at her rack of scarves hanging in her closet and throws a knitted cream coloured one at me. I walk to her shoe rack and find a pair of brown boots that go to just below my knees. Perks of having a best friend that is exactly your size. I get changed while she finds an outfit for herself. She has on a pair of plain black leggings with a black and white shirt that has a belt around her waist, and of course her look isn't complete without her signature black combat boots. She throws her hair into two French braids and puts on a black beanie. I on the other hand leave my hair down. We go into her bathroom and apply our makeup. Just then we here the doorbell and know that the guys are here to pick us up. We walk downstairs and I open the door to see Jacob and Beau standing there.

"You girls ready?" Jacob asks us and we both nod.

"The lets go." Says Beau as Alex and I grab our wallets and jackets.

We all walk over to Jacob's car and him and I hop in the from while Beau and Alex sit in the back.

"Where are you even taking us?" Alex asks when we're all seated and ready to go.

"You'll find out when we get there." Beau says playfully and gives her a kiss.

Just then Jacob hits the gas and we start our drive to who knows where. Jacob turns the music up and we all jam along, belting the lyrics to all of the songs that come onto the radio, and soon enough we are at our destination, the roller skating rink. I think this is some sort of cruel joke because Jacob knows that I do not for the life of me have any balance, so I know that this is going to end badly, and I don't know why he would bring me here.

We all go in and get our roller skates and head over to a bench so that we can put them on. Alex does so quickly and is soon on her feet and skating around like a pro. Beau soon joins her leaving me alone with Jacob just sitting there not wanting to get up, knowing that as soon as I do I will fall and land on my butt. Jacob stands up and stretches out his hand for me to grab. I take it and carefully stand up, putting all of my faith into him.

He leads my out to the rink carefully and I grip onto him for dear life. We slowly go around whole people quickly buzz by us. There are so many people here, some with friends, some with family, and even some on there own. I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it and loosen my grip on Jacob.

"There you go." He says. "You've just gotta relax.

We move a few more feet and then out of nowhere I fall. Jacob helps me back up and gives me a kiss.

"You've got this babe. You can do this." He says giving me motivation.

I start to go again, slowly but surely moving. But just like the first time, I lose my balance and land on my butt. Jacob yet again picks me up and gives me another kiss. This happens a few more times, but after a while I start falling on purpose so he'll give me more kisses. I fall again and he picks me up and this time behind him I see Karman and Issac, holding hands and roller skating. I don't think they see us and I don't think Jacob sees them. I feel like I should say something but I don't want to ruin the amazing night we are having. He then plants another kiss on my lips.

"Do you want to go sit down?" He asks me and I nod.

He drags me over to where our stuff is and Beau and Alex soon join us.

"Having fun?" I ask them and they both nod.

"I think I'm going to take Livvy to the antique museum." Jacob tells them and I instantly feel a lot happier. "Do you guys want to come?"

They look at each other but don't say a thing.

"Nah I think we're gonna hang out here for awhile. You go on without us." Alex says and Beau nods in agreement.

"Okay well you guys have fun." I tell them.

"You too." Beau tells us.

Jacob and I go hand back our roller skates and get our shoes back. We walk out to his car while holding hands. We both get in and let the sound of music fill the air. He drives while holding my left hand in his right hand making me feel safe and secure. We make the quick drive over to the museum and get out so that we can explore.

"Are you having a good night Livvy?" He says me.

"I'm having a wonderful time." I tell him with a huge smile.

"Well you deserve to be happy." He says and gives me a kiss.

He pulls away and we keep walking from article to article. I don't know how I got so lucky to have my best friend back, but I do have him back and I'm falling for him harder than ever, and honestly, I couldn't be happier.