8. Flirting with the Collin Twins

Tuesday May 30

Right Before Dan And Jake Are Pulled In

Chelsea's P.O.V.

            The water is freezing!  It's pretty hot outside, but the sun never seems to warm up their pool.  I guess it's just like old times.  Oh well, Jake and Dan are going down! 

Present

            I guffawed.  Yes!  I can't believe I managed to pull both of them in the pool at the same time.  Haha.  Well that's karma for ya!  Dan is the first one to resurface.  His hair is covering his face, so he has to push it out of his face.  I see the frown on his face when his hair is out of the way.  I start giggling, but he splashes me right in the face. 

            Then, I feel a splash on my left and realize I didn't even notice that Jake resurfaced.  Jake and Dan keep splashing me from both sides.  I have no where to go, but underwater.  I push myself under and feel the bitter iciness of the water.  Gosh!  Couldn't Dan have asked me to go swimming with them on a day when the water was actually warm? 

            As I'm swimming underwater, a hand grabs onto my ankle and pulls me back towards it.  I struggle for a little, but the hand grabbing me is too strong.  The worse part is that I'm starting to run out of air.  Thankfully the person tugging on me seems to realize that and pulls me back with a quick jerk.  Then, he (Dan or Jake) pulls me into their arms and pulls my head above the water.  I cough a little and feel someone's hand gently patting my back.  Huh..

            Just as I'm turning to see who's arms I'm being held in, I feel something touch my leg and then someone pops up right in front of me.  I jump back, startled, and end up hitting the top of my head against my captor's chest.  I feel his chest move a little as he chuckles and I carefully tilt my head back to find that it's Dan.  He smiles at me and I playfully smack his arm.

            "I could've drowned!"  I accuse him.

            "No you wouldn't have.  Jake or I would've saved you," Dan replies innocently.

            "Oh, sure.  Cause that's not it felt when I was being held underwater by you."

            He frowns.  "I'm sorry." 

            I look at his face.  His brown hair is all wet and extra messy from being underwater.  In the sun it looks shiny and soft and I can't help, but think how cute he looks.  When he frowns it makes him look like a puppy dog that's lonely and needs attention.  I'm staring at Dan and he's staring at me.  I reach up and run my fingers through his hair.

            "It's ok."

            Wow..am I flirting with a boy?  I never flirt with guys!  I'm never even this affectionate with guys!

            He smiles back at my response.

            "Are you two done flirting yet?"

            Jake is standing in front of us holding one of those giant noodles in his hand.  When did he get out of the pool?  I must have been too absorbed with staring at Dan.

            I stop fiddling with Dan's hair and look up at Jake.  I can feel my face turn a rosy red.  I hope that Dan doesn't see me blushing.  Jake obviously does and smirks.  Great... Just what I need.

            Dan pulls me back against him.  "Nope.  We're not done yet.  Jealous big brother?  Well, you can wait your turn."

            Oh my gosh!  Did he really just say that?