30. Secrets Come Out

Friday June 1

Chelsea's P.O.V.

            Janae and I, somewhat defeated, walk up the stairs to go to bed.  There's no use in arguing with them anymore tonight.  Maybe they'll have thought things over a little more.  With that decided, I close my eyes and fall asleep reliving the moment when Jake and I almost kissed.

Saturday June 2

Dan's P.O.V.

            Finally, it's Saturday!  So much has happened throughout the week that I don't think I could handle another crazy weekday.  The other reason why I'm excited that today is finally here is because Jocie and I have decided we'd watch a movie together about my house. 

            I must admit I'm a bit nervous.  It's not like this is my first date, but Jocie and I have only known each other for a little while and today she's going to meet my mom, Jake, and Tanner.  She's going to be in for a fun day!

            After walking over to the end table in my room, I pick up my cell.  No new messages.  Huh.  I guess I'll text her first then.

            I text Jocie and ask her one time she wants to come over.  She texts me back saying she'll be there in about 10 minutes.  It's time to go tell the family.

            I'm walking downstairs when I run into Jake.  "Hey, where are you going?"

            "Upstairs?"

            "But Jocie is coming over.."

            "Yeah, but I've already met her.."

            "Not formally.. Anyway, didn't mom say that you and Tanner have to be here when she comes?"

            He pauses and thinks for a moment.  "Yeah, I guess she did say that, didn't she?  Well, I'll be down in a minute.  I want to see how Chelsea is doing."

            How Chelsea's doing?  I stand there probably looking confused, "What about Chelsea?"

            "Well, you know how I walked her home, right?"  I nod.  "Well I was about to kiss her and then all of a sudden, bam!  Her parents and Janae open the door on us standing there awkwardly.  I didn't know what to do and then he starts yelling at me and tells me to leave her alone and never come back.  The next thing I know I'm leaving her house as fast as possible because A.) It wouldn't surprise me if her dad would go after me and B.) I really didn't want to get her in anymore trouble than she was already."

            "Ah.  So, now you aren't suppose to hang out with her anymore?  And you were just starting to get the whole sneaking around thing down..  They'll let up soon though, won't they?  I mean, how long can they stay mad?"

            "Oh, right.  I forgot to tell you.  The rule applies to you too.  And Tanner.  The three of us are not allow to be anywhere near the Harris house.  And as for your questions, I don't think so and probably long enough until we become adults."

            "Well, that's unfair don't you think?  What did I do wrong?  Tanner I can kind of see..  Mr. and Mrs. Harris seem to be pretty good at holding grudges and you attempting to kiss their daughter last night..  All I did was save Chelsea!  What if she needs me to save her again?"

            "I don't know," Jake mumbles while looking at the carpet. 

            "This still means that we're going to hang out with her right?  We just have to be really secretive about it."