32. Triple Dating

Sunday June 3

 Chelsea's P.O.V.

            After church, I received a text on my phone telling me to the nearby restaurant.  It also said to wear something nice, so I found my favorite summer dress, a light green one, and threw it on.  I was suppose to get there in about 10 minutes.  Good thing I had church before, so I didn't have to worry about my hair or anything else.

            I was headed downstairs, when someone ran right into me.  My first thought was that it was my mom or dad coming to yell at me.  I still wasn't allowed to go out, but I wanted to see Jake.  I'd like to see Dan too...  I shook my head and looked at the person in front of me who was fixing her hair.

            "Janae?  What are you doing?"

            "Getting ready to go on my date?  You ready?"

            What?  That's weird that we're going on a date at the same time.  That's when I notice she's wearing a summer dress similar to mine.  Didn't she ask me if I was ready too?

            "What are you talking about?"

            She scrunches up her face in confusion.  "The date?  Didn't they tell you?"  She takes a moment and looks at what I'm wearing.  "It looks like you got the memo."

            "Yeah, Jake texted me, asking if I wanted to go meet him."

            "I know, I'm going too."

            "What?"

            Janae rolls her eyes at me and sighs.  "Chelsea, we're going on a triple date."

            "So, you, Tanner, Jake, and me... How is that a triple date?"

            "It's not...  Dan and Jocie are coming too."

            "I didn't realize you knew about Dan..."

            "Yeah, well, Tanner told me a few days ago.  Anyway, are you ready?"

            "Yeah, sure.  Let's go."

            Well, this shouldn't be awkward.  Do they seriously think this is going to work out?  And Dan and Jocie-

            "You look upset.  What's the matter?  Not excited for a date with your boyfriends' brothers and your older sister?"

            I decide to ignore the fact that Jake and I are not exactly dating yet.  "Not exactly...  I just don't think this is a good idea.  I mean, won't mom and dad find out?"

            Janae waves her hand at me.  "I won't tell if you won't.  Look, mom and dad are at Aunt Kara's, anyway.  We're free to roam."  She gives me another strange look.  "Although I'm sensing that that isn't the major problem here."

            We stop standing on the steps and start walking down them.  I think she dropped the subject.  Hopefully.  But then again, that isn't like Janae at all.

            We almost reach the bottom of the steps when she turns around, her eyes wide.  "I think I understand now.  Ooh Chelsea, that's not a good thing."

            "What?"

            She stops at the bottom of the stairs.  "Come on, I'm your older sister.  Did you really expect me to not figure it out?  You like Dan.  I can tell.  You also like Jake though...  You're in some serious crap now."